Shim Jaehyun - Thank you

" Mom. I finally arrived here in Seoul. "

" Good luck on your adventure there, Jake ! Please be safe and stay healthy, okay ? "

" Yes, Mom. Don't worry ! I'll be safe here ! "

I'm Jake. I went to Seoul to find a job. Since my brother studies medics, I decided to go with engineering.

And as I remember, I have a nice apartment here with my dog Layla as my companion. She was a puppy before I left Seoul and I handled her to a trustworthy middle-aged woman to take care of her while I'm in Australia and I promised to her that I'll pay for her hardwork for taking care of Layla.

After of 3 hours of going to my apartment, I went immediately where the woman lives but the door is locked and I don't see any dog cage in here and I began to worry.

I began to search the whole building until I saw a dog cage outside someone's door. I went closer to look at it if it is Layla or not but the dog just barked.

" Layla! Why are you barking ? Is there some-- oh...hello ! What do they need ?"

" Excuse me, Miss..."

" Y/n. Don't call me miss, please. "

" Okay...what's the name of the dog again ? "

" It's Layla. Pretty right ? "  she said as she opened Layla's cage and petted her as Layla attacked her with dog kisses.

" Umm...Y/n. Excuse me but I'm Jake. Layla's true owner."

" Oh...really ? So you're Jake ? Nice to meet you! Layla! Your owner is here to fetch you!"

And as I saw, Layla seems to understand her as Layla started whimpering softly and tried to scoot closer to her.

" Layla, I'm not your true owner. You see that good-looking guy? His name is Jake. He's your true owner. Not me..." Y/n said as her voice seems to be shaky a bit.

She must be sad too. For taking care of Layla for so many yea-- wait. She's not the woman! How did she ?

" Y/n, when did you received Layla ? "

" The woman that you trusted to look for her ? She died. She died because of a respiratory infection. So, before she died...she said that if it's okay if I will take care of her until someone will look for her. So I took care of her for so many years. "

" Oh...okay. I understand. But it seems that you and Layla are pretty close to each other. "

" Super, Jake. Super. "

" How bout a deal? I will stay here with you until Layla gets used to me. "

" Hey, hey, hey, Mister! I won't allow that! "

" I'm not that kind of man that you think. I'm a nice man. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. "

" You sure? You will have to pay the bills. "