𝟓. 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋

KILLUA POV

KILLUA POV

 ❝𝐘𝐎𝐔. 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋. 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐀,❞ Y/N utters, looking at me with wide eyes. 

My own eyes are wide open, the Chocolate Robot in my hand forgotten. "Y/N," I say softly. "Hey."

"Hey," she smiles at me. But then her face morphs into hurt. "Why didn't you ever come to visit me?"

My mouth drops, my lips forming around soundless apologies. I'm stuck in place, and all I can think is, Why didn't I?

But the answer is simple. I was scared. Scared of never being remembered, scared of being left behind as she found someone more exciting than me. Y/N had always moved forward, never wallowing in the past. And I am her past. I was erased from her future the moment she forgot about me.

But I couldn't say that to her face, could I? Because then all I would receive is pity and anger. Something I don't want from her. So instead of replying -

All of a sudden, I feel arms around my body. I freeze in place and look down to see Y/N. 

"W-what are you doing?" I stutter, my arms clenched around my body as Y/N holds them there with her own. 

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I can just tell that she's wearing a smirk. "I'm hugging you."  

"But why? I left you there, and-"

"Shh, that doesn't matter. Only the fact that you're here with me right now."

Everything. Everything just falls to a stop. Had everything I been thinking . . . was it wrong? Did she not hate me? Did I push her away for no reason whatsoever? 

The thoughts kept piling inside my head until I let out a choked sob. 

Y/N steps back and immediately cups my cheek. "Hey. You good there, buddy?"

I nod soundlessly, swallowing the rest of my cries down my throat. "Let's just start over," I finally say. I can't deal with Y/N being a stranger any longer, the thought of her standing in front of me and then being gone a second later for the second time is too scary for me to even fathom. 

She smiles sweetly at me. "Sure. Y/N Lucilfer. Nice to meet you."

"Killua Zoldyck. Pretty name," I say. I had said that to her once, at the Hunter Exam. Though I doubt she remembered. "Say, do you remember anything?" 

Y/N doesn't answer, though, and when I look at her, she's blushing over my words. I raise an eyebrow. She doesn't remember me, and yet she gets flustered at a few words from my mouth?

"Pretty name too," she finally comments. "And no, I don't remember anything." 

"And you're . . . you're not mad at me?"

Y/N smirks and crosses her arms, looking over at me. "Mad at you for what? Leaving me to wander Yorknew City, by myself, with a broken mind? Mad at you for-"

My eyes widen, and I start to breathe irregularly, cutting her off. Her own eyes widen, and almost immediately, she's at my side. 

"Shh." Her voice flows easily into my ears, and I can't even begin to describe it. No one's voice has ever been able to do this . . . not even Lorelei. 

Slowly, my breathing starts to even, and I smile at her. She beams back with closed eyes and a peace sign. It reminds me of Gon. 

"Say, Killua," Y/N opens her eyes and looks at me, still happy. "Wanna get out of here?" 

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

killua's pov

hopefully you
have a nice day/night !

word count : 665