Chapter 10

Jenni's POV

So today is the day Sophie performs at Bondi! We've been informed that the lifeguards will be at the gig, helping patrol the event. Which means Jesse finally gets to see Sophie do what she does best. "Oh my god! Soph! You're in the paper!" I shouted. Sophie came running out of the bathroom where she was doing her makeup. "No way! Oh my god! This is mad!" Sophie exclaimed staring at her picture in the paper.

Jesse's POV

"Jesse!" Maxi shouted. I sprinted to the tower from the tunnel where the rhinos and jet skis are kept. "What is it mate? You hurt?" I asked running to Maxi. "Nah mate! Look at this!" Maxi said thrusting the newspaper in my face. The headline read '5SOS headed to hit Bondi!' I looked at Maxi and shrugged, "are you a secret fangirl of 5SOS?!" I giggled. Maxi shook his head, "keep reading smarmy!" I read the article and gasped when I read Sophie's name. "Sophie?! Sophie's a singer and is performing tonight!?" I gasped. It all made sense. She knew the working lifeguards would be patrolling the event and would see her which is why she asked if I was working! I contemplated texting her but instead I decided to look her up on YouTube. I typed in her name and up spring a load of covers. She had done a cover of In The Summertime by Thirsty Merc, the theme tune of Bondi Rescue. I clicked on In The Summertime and began listening to it. "Dude, what's that?" Maxi asked, sliding his chair across the tower to sit beside me. "It's Sophie covering In The Summertime." I replied, turning my phone slightly so Maxi could watch. The video finished and I had the biggest grin on my face. "Wow! She's good!" Maxi said, blowing out a low whistle. I nodded, my smile not fading and no words springing to mind. Maxi rolled his eyes at me, "you've known this chick less than a week and you're already whipped!" I just shook my head, put my phone back in my pocket and walked back towards my station on the beach.

Hey guys!! I know it's been aaaaaaaages since I uploaded! I apologise! I've just been super busy with work! I've changed a few bits of past posts so feel free to go back and check those out! I've also uploaded a few chapters today which I hope you like!! Please comment, vote and follow! And feel free to give me any ideas or specific ways you'd like the story to go!! THAAAAAAANKS!!