Chapter Four: Breakfast

It took him many trips back and forth from kitchen to cell, but he eventually finished. He set off to look for Orochimaru.

Kabuto found Orochimaru in a dark room, sitting in a wooden chair in the middle of it. There were wood tables around him with jars of various reptiles floating inside some sort of preservative liquid. There was something else that stuck out to him. It was a small display box with a white snake skin propped up inside of it. He looked at it for a moment, lingering in the open doorway.

Orochimaru stared at him.

"Is there something you need, kabuto?" He asked after a few seconds. Kabuto jumped a little.

"Oh- well.. I finished... i was wondering if you needed anything else?" He asked.

"Hmm.. well.. It's seven thirty... i'm gettiing a bit hungry... please make me some eggs and a mug of tea... of course, you're welcome to make some for yourself too.." Orochimaru requested. Kabuto nodded.

"Yes sir." He said. He walked to the kitchen and washed his hands. He fired up the stove, setting a skillet on top of it. He set a kettle of water on to boil as well. He dropped a smallish square of butter into the skillet along with some minced garlic, letting it melt and sizzle.

While he waited for it to do so, he whisked together eggs and a bit of milk in a bowl. He poured the mixture into the skillet and then scrambled the eggs. Once they cooked, he turned the fire down to low and sprinkled cheese on top. Once the cheese had melted perfectly, he took the spatula and cut out two squares of the eggs, then put them on two plates.

The kettle began to whistle. He turned off the fire under it, and the whistling immediately died down. He poured the boiling water into two mugs, letting it drench the tea bags and sugar in the bottom of the mugs. While he waited for it to steep, he got napkins and forks out. He grabbed two spoons, and squeezed the tea bags, threw them away, then stirred the mugs simultaniously until the sugar had dissolved.

Just like mother taught him.

He carefully took one plate, mug, fork, and napkin in his hands and placed it on a small serving tray he found. He carried it to Orochimarus room. Orochimaru looked up.

"Here you go sir..." Kabuto said, walking over to him and handing him the tray. Orochimaru looked down at the steaming plate of eggs.

"You've really outdone yourself.." He said quietly. Kabuto bowed a little.

"Thank you.." he said. Orochimaru excused him and he left. He stood at the kitchen counter and ate. After he finished, he began cleaning up, thinking over his day so far.

This is good for you... you don't have to think about- that...

Should you really be doing this though..? What if you forget her..?

No.. don't be stupid. That's impossible.

Keep working.

You'll feel better.