Chapter two: Dreams and Voices

"Kabuto! Kabuto! Where are you?" Nono called, walking past a large rock. Kabuto was sitting against the rock. Nono looked at him, straight into his glass rimmed eyes. She stared at him for a good while before speaking.

"Have you seen my son?" she asked. Kabuto's eyes widened.

"I am! Don't you see me?!" Kabuto asked, jumping up. Nono furrowed her brow.

"You absolutely are not.. You don't look at all like him... please, have you seen him, really? At all? I'm looking for him but he seems to be lost.."

Tears filled Kabuto's eyes. "Mother! It's me! Look! I- I even have your glasses!" He said, taking off the glasses and holding them up as evidence.

"This isn't funny... I don't know who you are.. I'll be on my way now.." Nono said, walking away.

"NO! MOTHER COME BACK! IT'S ME! MOTHER!" Kabuto yelled. Nono ignored him and kept walking. Kabuto tried to cry out again, but nothing came out. He was muted. Silent. Irrelavent.

Kabuto woke up in a cold sweat. He looked at his pocket watch.

4:31 a.m.

He panted, the sweat running down his face and neck. His head throbbed with whispers that got louder and louder every second.

No identity

Who

Who are you

Are

You killed her

You

Kabuto grabbed his head.

"No..." he murmured.

"No no no no no...." he repeated.

Yes. the voice replied.

He looked at his glasses, which were still sitting on the bedside table. He carefully picked them up, unfolding them as his hands trembled. Placing them on his face, his eyesight cleared. The headache lightened up a little, but still pestered him with bothersome pain.

Kabuto slowly stood up, then walked over to his desk. He grabbed a hair tie and put his silver hair up in a ponytail. He looked in a mirror. The whispers kept ringing in his ears. He ignored them for the time being.

After all, he had other things to concern himself with.