Chapter 2

Everything was black I couldn't see anything. Until I woke up. In my bed. With my mom screaming at me like this morning.  My mom was screaming for me to wake up or I'm gonna be late for school. " OLIVIA GET YOUR ASS UP NOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" Is this some kind of deja vu? She pulled the cover off of me and I fell off of the bed. I grabbed onto her wrist and felt weird. Like her yelling going silent. I couldn't hear anything else but my mom. Like...I could hear..what she thought..

Olivia's mom mind: Ugh! Sometimes I just don't even know what to do with this girl.

"What do you mean you don't know what to do with me?" She looked at me shocked and stopped yelling for a moment. "How did you-" she started but immediately stopped. " I don't know either mom! I think I can read minds!!" I told her. " Olivia stop with this foolishness! You're not Supergirl! Now get dressed for school right now!" "But mo-" "NOW!" she yelled.  I quickly got dressed..again. I went downstairs and texted Evelyn.

O: um hey I'm running late..could you please pick me up?

E: ofc. I'll be there in 5:)

O: heh..thanks..

I put my phone away trying to think. I remember when I fell and hit my head, I was laying down and a strange man appeared. He wore a black coat and black shoes. I couldn't see his face though. Then I woke up. Still thinking I was lost my thoughts when I didn't hear Evelyn pull up. She honked the horn  pulling me out of my thoughts. I hurried and got in. " Hey I have something crazy to tell you." "Spill" " I think..I can read minds.." she looked at me then back at the road the back at me again. "What?" She looked genuinely confused. "Yeah this morning my mom woke me up and pulled the covers off of me. I fell down and grabbed her wrist and I could hear what she said in her mind." She still looked confused. "Here, let me show you." I grabbed her wrist and closed my eyes.

Evelyn's mind: I can't even hardly focus on what she's saying her lips.. they're just so..so.. pretty..I just wanna kiss her so bad..

My eyes widened. Did she really think that? Does she have feelings for me? Is she..gay?