|17| Madison

Maddy groaned

Maddy groaned. Of course, they would want to jump headfirst into trouble. Maddy scanned the interior of the truck. "Wait a minute. Where is Alexa and Jeremy?"

"They were pelting stones on the two sides of the truck and took out the driver and his comrade after we got inside."

Maddy snorted. "Seriously? Did you use stones for a distraction? So cliché."

Leia shrugged and said, "We couldn't think of anything else. Besides, it worked perfectly fine."

"So, you are telling me that Alexa and Jeremy took out the driver?" Maddy asked and on seeing them nod, she facepalmed. "If you took out the driver, who the hell is going to lead us to the safe house?"

Xander smirked. "I know that you are smarter than us, but even we aren't that dumb to forget about that. There is this girl on a bike who was leading the drivers. She is a few feet ahead so she didn't hear any disturbance and is still riding towards the destination."

Maddy nodded. Tooth-necklace lady seemed like an Alpha among the rogues. No wonder she was the one leading.

"Oh, and we got you this weapon," Leia said.

It was then, that Maddy noticed that Leia had been holding a handbag the entire time. How that girl fought a werewolf while holding a handbag, Maddy would never figure out. Leia stuck her hand in the bag and carefully brought out something. Maddy couldn't figure out what it was because it was covered by a cloth. Leia carefully handled it as if it were made of glass and even Xander was staring at the bundle with caution. Maddy stared at it with awe. The way they both were handling it, Maddy had no doubt that it was some special weapon and she felt honored that they wanted to give it to her. Leia handed it over to her and Maddy opened it impatiently with trembling fingers, wanting to see what was this mysterious weapon. It was wrapped with three layers and when she opened it, she found out that it was a...

"A fork!?" Maddy asked confused.

"A silver fork that we bought on our way here," Xander explained, grinning with excitement.

"We figured that if we were going to follow them to their destination, you would need a weapon. You were able to defend yourself quite well with a silver fork before, so we thought that we would get you a new one," Leia continued after Xander.

Maddy was grateful. The fact that they went through the trouble of buying a silver fork when silver was something that they usually avoided was extremely nice of them. However, a knife would have been more useful but she didn't say anything.

"How did you find me? I thought you guys were pissed at Xander or something."

Xander started telling the story. "As you already know, they couldn't resist staying away from me and my charm. A few minutes after I shifted and went away, they decided that life was boring without me and then they went to come and apologize to me when they realized that you were missing. They came to me and I decided to help. So, I followed your scent all the way here with the others following my lead."

Leia rolled her eyes. "What he means is that we noticed that you were missing. We thought that you went to talk to Xander and we continued swimming, but when you didn't return for some time, we got worried. As you know, pack members can mind link, so Jeremy asked Xander. When even he didn't know, all of us followed your scent and here we are!"

"I still like my version of the story," Xander asserted.

The three of them spent some time in the truck talking. After an hour or so, the truck stopped and Alexa came in and handed them some food.

"Why are you so irritated?" Leia asked Alexa, who was practically fuming when she had come to give them some food,

"Jeremy wouldn't allow me to drive. Something about me being too reckless or some bullshit," Alexa replied, glumly.

Maddy winced remembering the way Alexa drove the last time.

"You don't even have a license. You shouldn't be driving," Xander replied.

"Since when did you care about rules?"

"Since the time my life depended on it. If you start driving, we will all die."

Alexa glared at Xander and then stormed off to annoy Jeremy once more.

Two hours later, they finally arrived at the supposed safe house. Maddy, Xander and Leia, stepped out and Maddy saw a house that looked a lot like the old dilapidated building where she had been cornered before, which made her wonder if the previous house had been another safe house. Clearly, this plan had been well thought out.

The snapping of branches made Maddy snap her head towards the source of the sound. She saw that tooth-necklace lady was walking towards her direction. The moment she saw Maddy and the others her eyes widened and before Maddy could do anything, she ran towards the safe house. Xander cursed and tried to run after her catch her but he was too late. Judging by the shouts from the inside of the room, they were not happy with the arrival of Leia and Xander.

That's when Alexa and Jeremy came out. Maddy immediately told them to hide somewhere. Tooth-necklace lady had seen Leia and Xander, not Alexa and Jeremy. Right now, they needed to use every advantage they had.

From the safe house, about fifteen men came out, all of them armed with guns. Fifteen against three. They were sooo screwed.

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha