|36| Madison

The four of them made their way to Xander's house

The four of them made their way to Xander's house. They found Justin and Diana in the living room. As an Alpha, Justin was more affected by the death of Elijah and Xander and Alexa were more affected as compared to Jeremy because they were directly related to the Alpha. The moment Justin saw them he stood up with some difficulty.

"We need to go and retrieve Elijah's body. We need to leave now."

Xander nodded as if he had already expected this. "Me, Alexa and Jeremy will accompany you while Maddy and mom can stay back."

Maddy scowled. "Why can't I go along with you guys? I have my dagger to protect myself."

"You will be safe here. The pack will protect you."

Maddy smirked and looked at him directly in the eye and held her gaze. "What makes you think that I am safe here? The rogues could attack any moment right now. You've seen the number of people who were there in the safehouse we were trapped in. If all of them chose to attack today, I don't think any of us are safe. They are only after me and you. By leaving me here, you might be putting the rest of the pack in danger as well."

Xander clenched his jaws, his eyes tuning into a darker shade of green. Xander looked at his dad to ask for his decision. Justin stared at Maddy for some time and then sighed. "Fine. Come with us."

Maddy grinned and gave a small whoop, much to the amusement of the werewolves present there.

Xander, Alexa, Jeremy and Maddy were about to leave when Justin called her back. Confused as to why he wanted to talk to her privately, she turned back. Justin took her to another room while Diana, Alexa, Jeremy and Xander waited in the living room.

"My children have become extremely attached to you," he remarked.

Maddy winced. This was usually where the dad tells her to stay away from his kids as she was only a measly human.

"Yeah..." she trailed off awkwardly.

Justin cleared his throat. "I wanted to offer you a position in the pack once everything gets back to normal. That is, if your mom agrees."

Maddy stared at him for a minute. "You're kidding, right?"

"No. Humans aren't allowed in the pack and most of the pack will hate you, which is why I think Tristan hasn't already made you pack. But since you've helped the werewolf community in figuring out the location and everything, I think we can make an exception."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Maddy squealed.

"However, we need to ask your mother first, if she is fine with all of this," Justin said, smiling at her excitement.

"Okay," Maddy replied, breathlessly.

Maddy went back to the living room. She was so excited. She was sure she could somehow convince her mom. It would so amazing to live among werewolves not to mention the fact that she wouldn't have to be separated from Leia.

Just the thought of Leia made her sad. While Maddy was having a fun time, Leia was probably being tortured or raped. Shuddering, Maddy pushed that thought away. There was no use pondering about what was happening to Leia.

"I see that Justin has told you the news," Diana said with a twinkle in her eye.

"What news?" Xander and Alexa said at the same time while Jeremy raised his eyebrows.

"Your dad just invited me to join your pack," Maddy shouted.

Alexa squealed and jumped on top of Maddy. Seriously, Alexa was like a puppy who is high on coffee.

"Wait, you can do that?" Alexa asked after they had pulled away, her eyebrows rising so high that it merged with her hairline.

Maddy shrugged in response.

"Girl, you'll be the first human to ever be in a pack. That way, we won't have to kidnap you."

"What?" Maddy asked on hearing the word kidnap.

Xander hugged her and said, "You actually thought we were just gonna let you go after all this drama? We were planning to stage a kidnapping and bring you here and hide you in the library."

Maddy stared at them deciding between hugging them for going to such heights for her, or smacking each of their heads for coming up with such a stupid idea.

"Remember, we are werewolves and we are territorial as shit. No way, were we going to let you go back to New York," Jeremy said, ruffling Maddy's hair.

Justin cleared his throat. "Well, that's good to know. Boy, am I glad that I invited Maddy before you could pull a stunt like this. I don't fancy having both my kids sitting in jail."

Xander and Alexa shrugged and smiled sheepishly.

The front door opened and the Beta came in. Immediately, Justin started giving them instructions about what to do and what not to do. While Justin, the Beta and the Pack Doctor would be doing the mainly handling the body, the rest of them were only supposed to be watching from afar. As Xander would soon become Alpha and Jeremy will mostly become the Beta, it was important for them to watch closely.

The Beta wasn't happy that Maddy and Alexa were unnecessarily tagging along, but he didn't mention it. A minute later the front door opened again and a submissive werewolf entered. Staying among werewolves, Maddy was able to identify whether they were dominant or submissive. The werewolf couldn't even hold Maddy's gaze for a long time. Judging by the kit that he was holding, Maddy assumed that he was the pack doctor. It made sense that the Pack Doctor would be submissive so that he doesn't pose as a challenge to any of his dominant patients.

Once everyone had arrived, the seven of them set out to find the body.

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha