Chica ((Chapter 2))

Her father snapped her back into reality. “Caia?” She looked worryingly towards his daughter.

“Hm?” She snapped her head up to him, her head pounding, and the hairs on her neck standing up once again, and her whole body shaking from just the thought. She looks at her eight year old sister quickly, and sees her playing on the floor with her plushie. “Sorry I zoned out.” She chuckles trying to remove the tension in the air.

Her father gives her a glance, and pulls out some hot dogs from the fridge, and goes to the cabinet and pulls out some buns, beginning to make the regular meal. “Well, we’re having hot dogs tonight.”

Viola huffs in her adorable child-like way. “We always have hot dogs.” She sulks and continues to play with Foxy. Caia turns to her sister and gives her a disappointed and angry look. In the Fault home being grateful for what they have is an important rule around the house, if you act ungrateful, you always get chastisement. Viola doesn’t get as much of a disciplinary punishment as Caia since she is quite younger, her father will remind her, but if she does it for a long while then she gets one of her toys taken away, while Caia gets grounded.

The German father looks away from the oven, he was just putting the skillet on it, “Remember Viola, be grateful for what you have.” He turns back to the oven and sets their ancient stove to a400℉ temperature.

Viola frowns, she gets upset over the smallest castistments she gets. “Okay, daddy.” She replies. “I’m gonna go play with Ben in my room.” She hops up from the floor, and runs to her room, humming the tune once again.

“Ugh,” Caia complains “So, why did you even choose to buy the restaurant or whatever.” She tilts the dining chair back, being bored.

Her father chuckles, still making the hot dogs, the sizzling noise of the meat on the skillet fills the house. “Well, it’s not just a restaurant, it’s an entertainment restaurant, it’s for younger children, like Viola, I thought that may get us to…” He ponders for the correct word “Connect more.” He says, and moves the skillet on the burner, watching the hot dogs move, with many thoughts flowing through his mind.

“Hm.” Caia murmurs in understanding, “So, you said this place was going to go out of business, why?” She looks curiously at her father.

The thirty-four year old gasps in excitement. “That’s the sorta cool thing,” He looks over to his daughter, “Watch the stove for me and let me go get something,” He walks away into the garage, Caia walks over to the stove, and moves the skillet, listening to her father mumble to himself and rummage through the items in their garage.

Her father walks out with something abnormally big behind his back. Caia furrows her brows in curiosity, and slight disappoint. “What the hell is that thing?” She ponders.

“Hey! Language,” He tilts his head towards Violas open door, still holding the weird figure behind his back.

“Well, just tell me what it is, than.” Caia says rudely. Her father groans, and places an ancient, moldy, and grimy animatronic suit onto his head. “Like it?” Her father asks.

Caia’s heart skips a beat. “What,” she shakes her head and walks up to the suit, “What even is this? A duck?” She touches the old matted rug-like cover on the suit, and feels it’s beak. “A chicken?” She was fascinated and disturbed at the same time, well really she didn’t know how to feel, she was used to seeing cute and cuddly animatronics, but this...This was different. Her dad’s muffled chuckle startled the young fifteen year old, causing her to jump back. “W-what even is that!” She shouts.

“It’s a chicken, the animatronics name is Chica the Chicken, when I put the endoskeleton inside it moves around by itself, cool huh?” He says calmly and takes off the head. “There’s twelve total,” He yawns and heads into the garage, Caia follows, still slightly intrigued. “The oldest ones are Foxy the Pirate, which is weird since Viola’s plush is named Foxy,” He states and laughs at himself, Caia lets out a fake chuckle “Bonnie the Bunny,” He points to a purple head that sticks out to Caia the most, she feels as though that one is alive, her father snaps her out of her trance and  listens to her father naming all of them still, “Freddy Fazbear, the lead singer, the Marionette, Mangle,” He frowns down at the literally “mangled” and screwed up endoskeleton, and animatronic suit, then looks over to me when a disappointed look in his eyes “I was told all the kids used to tear her apart, she was the replacement of Foxy, just like Toy Bonnie, Toy Chica, and Toy Freddy were for the others.”

Caia’s father sighs and continues, next pointing to a smaller animatronic that startled Caia, “Wow, he looks hyper-realistic,” she whispers as her mouth gapes.

“This is Balloon Boy, I put real balloons in his hand and he hands ‘em out to kids, he’s a big hit with the bunch,” he moves on, “Lastly this is the extra suit, just in case of Freddy breaking or something unusual, this one, doesn’t have an endoskeleton,” He hefts up the most disturbing suit of them all, almost exact to the Freddy one, except it looks as though it had been bleached, the matted brown fur had now turned to a golden-yellow tint. Caia was extremely intrigued by this one, she completely ignored her father mentioning stuff like “This is the most important,” and “Don’t ever touch it if you don’t have to” and “This one has the weirdest backstory”, all she heard was mumbling. She sludged over to the suit and kneeled down over it, this one gave her the most interesting vibe, she couldn’t tell why, but there was something different about this one.

She took a step back after examining the animatronic for awhile, and didn’t see anything different from the others besides the color, and no endoskeleton, she looked up at her father and tried to tune back into what he was saying, but she still could not get that feeling out of her heart, she didn’t know what it was, “Anxiety?” She thought to herself “Apprehensiveness... no,” She tapped her delicate finger on her chin, still looking at her father, trying not to be rude, “Maybe worry?” She let the vocabulary she knows flow through her mind, her father was still babbling, she probably should listen, but she isn’t compatible at the moment, “Most likely worry.” She looks back to the animatronic and gasps, as she saw a black eye in the head if the suit.