Chapter two

After letting go, Hermione sat on Harry's bed, facing him. She was surprised to find that Harry was no longer the scrawny eleven year old little boy on the train to Hogwarts. He  was now a foot taller than she was with a chisled jawline  and a six pack. Hermione looked into Harry's emerald eyes, worringly.

"𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎." 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱, 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀.

It wasn't that Harry didn't want to answer her, it was that he couldn't. He wanted to protect Hermione. He needed to protect her. She was all he had. To him, Hermione more important than Ron, his other best friend.  she was more important than Ginny. He loved her.

"𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚓𝚎𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢? 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞." 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗱, 𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀.

"𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚎. 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚁𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚛𝚞𝚡𝚎𝚜." 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗻 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆.

"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎."

"𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚖𝚎."

"𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚍𝚒𝚎! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜."

"𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕! 𝙶𝚘𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛? 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞!" 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗱, 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲.

Now it was Harry's turn to shed tears. He nodded and gave her a bone crushing hug which she returned. He had still felt guilty for letting her come with him. If anything happened to her, he wouldn't forgive himself. Just then, he had heard his aunt, uncle and cousin packing their things. They knew it wasn't safe for then  anymore. This was the day  they would live pivet drive forever. Harry went down stairs to see an empty house and a thoughtful Petunia standing in the middle of the living room.

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 . 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐." 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿.

"𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏?" 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱, 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆. "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝙶𝚘𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚓𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍."

Harry didn't like to hold grudges. He forgave her and hugged his aunt, knowing it was the last time he'd see her. Soon he headed outside to see Vernon and Dudley loading up the car. Dudley had stopped to shake Harry's hand, he regretted how he treated Harry all the years they lived together.

"𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎." 𝗗𝘂𝗱𝗹𝗲𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱, 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘀𝗼𝗳𝘁  𝘀𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝘀 cousin.

Dudley hugged a very shocked Harry. Dudley had finally changed his ways. After Dudley let go of him he walked back to the car, smiling and waving to Harry.

"𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚊, 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝙳." 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩𝙡𝙮, 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚'𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣.

Harry went back inside and went to the stairs where he had spotted his old cupboard under the stairs. He turned on the light in there, realizing that he could no longer fit in the cupboard as he was now too big for it. He remembered the small toy soldiers he used to play with as a boy. But he realized that everyone has to grow up on day whether they liked it or not.

A/n thats it for this chapter, hope you enjoyed. Damn I haven't updated these Harry Potter stories in a year. I have been busy with some stuff but I will try to update them more. Also check out this deleted scene if you havent scene it. Byeee.

Published June 4 2022