Chapter 1: New Assignment

~~

You groaned as you sat in your seat for class, head pounding as you listened to the others around you talk loudly before Aizawa walked in. You'd normally chime in and indulge in the latest gossip, however, you had woken up with a terrible migraine and talking to others seemed nearly impossible.

When others addressed you, you did nothing but grumble in acknowledgment and that was enough for the others to back off. You laid your head on your desk miserably, wanting desperately to be asleep in bed still. You hadn't even had time to get breakfast and your empty stomach growled in protest. Oh well, you'd just have to endure it until lunch.

You nearly snoozed off again when you were startled by a loud pounding taking place on the podium in the front of the class. You slowly raised your head and rolled your eyes when you saw Tenya standing there, hand slicing through the air as he called for everyone's attention.

"Guys, how many times must I repeat myself? We are third years now! We should be setting the example for the upcoming students! All of this yelling and nonsense is unbecoming of future Pro Heroes!" His voice droned on, loud chatter still in the air, as his hand continued its voyage through the air. You began to lower your head back into the desk, tired of hearing the same boring lectures until his next comment caught your ear.

"This isn't the time for us to be slacking off, I thought you all knew this by now." The class had become completely silent and, although your head was downcast, you could just about feel the eyes of the others around you. However, none of them stuck out as much as the eyes that narrowed at you from in front of the class.

While you weren't as studious as the likes of Momo or even Bakugou, you never ignored or 'slacked off' on your school work and internships. Sure, you had been a bit slow as of late when it came to some assignments, but you always pulled ahead and stayed up to par with the rest of the class. You were proud of the work you had done over the course of your entry at UA, so for Tenya to try and belittle you in front of your other friends pissed you off more than it probably should.

You honestly didn't know what his problem was, seeing as this was the fourth time that week that he'd called you out on small offenses. You weren't taking it this time, however.

You slowly looked up and made eye contact with Tenya, raising a single brow in question. When he didn't remove his stare from you, disappointed glint in his eyes, you felt your face furrow in embarrassment and anger. "From what I can see, Aizawa Sensei isn't here yet. So by that deduction, I can assure you that I'm not slacking off as there is no current class to slack off on." You said slowly and carefully as you sat up in your chair, hoping to get your point across (the point being "I'm not in the mood so piss off already").

Tenya didn't get the hint, shaking his head in disbelief at your words. "(Y/N), as class president it is my duty-"

You stood up from your seat, palms placed on your desk as you leaned forward slightly. The chair scraped across the floor, being loud enough to cut him off as you spoke. "It is your duty to step in when Aizawa Sensei asks you to step in." You waved your arms around the room pointedly as if to say 'Look around' before you continued, "He's not here so you have no reason to be standing up there while telling the rest of us what to do. We're not some fucking lap dogs for you to order about."

At that, Tenyas eyes grew comically large as he sputtered about while his arms flailed violently in the air, "'Lap dogs'!? Where on earth did you get that from?"

You pointedly ignored him, as you finally allowed yourself to breathe for a moment. Your head was pounding harder than it had been that morning, your sudden movements and loud demeanor hitting you as you huffed. It wasn't until you tried to swallow around a dry throat that you realized why you were so irritable and tired today: