Chapter 1 ˚ ༘♡

Heavy breathing, sweat dripping, the dim lights, the pressure. All on one simple game of gambling. I could feel my hands shaking as I took a peak of my cards. My brain couldn't process what was going on. Why was I going all in? I could be one million yen in debt if I make the wrong move. The tears already forming into my eyes, the way my eyes kept looking every direction possible, my entire body feeling like it was going to stop functioning.

...

I guess I should remember my final moments before I got into this situation.

My name is Ryuuka Suzui. I am 17 years old, and I grew up in a rather small, but very wealthy family. My family had consisted of my mom, my dad, my little sister, and me. I had decent grades and was your average anti-social student who panicked at the slightest bad marks. I always was the head of the family, like a representative, after all, my little sister always got influenced by the things I would do and say. My mom and my dad had their own businesses and were very successful. My mom was known for being more into the music industry, performing famous songs. While my Dad was known as someone who focused more into writing, creating famous books and biographies. My little sister was someone who was into music more then writing.

Then there was me. With no remarkable talent, and plain bad luck.

I always had doubts for myself, besides getting average marks and getting treated well, I never had the freedom to make my own choices or to live my own life properly. I was always under strict guidelines. I felt like I would never find what would give me confidence. After graduating Middle school, I had transferred into a certain high-school that would change my life...

Forever.

The high-school was named Hyakkaou Private Academy. The school was introduced as a very educational school that was connected towards politics and other billionaire companies. I was enrolled and had gotten in due to my family's wealth. Not because of who I actually was. And I knew that the moment I was trying to enroll. They didn't have any interest in me, they only had interest for the wealth. Of course they did. I had ended up going there for my first day, it was quite nice going to all my classes. But I realized, when I had went into the lunch room. Everyone was gambling. There was not a single person who wasn't participating, except myself.

I had gotten peer pressured into gambling and had ended up getting into 100,000 yen debt. I became a house pet, formally known as a mittens. Men were referred to as Fidos. While being a house pet, bullying became more extreme, from emotional bullying and manipulating, to physical bullying. That is however, when I had met the other house pets, they were so gentle, so twitchy, so afraid. Just like me. I had met one particular house pet, a Fidos, name Naganori Tsubomi.

He was very gentlemen like and very shy, he was a sweet guy that had always tried to protect me no matter what, even if his owner, June Kiwatari, would hurt him physically. He had educated me about how the house pet system had worked. The house pet system had worked in an inhuman and sadistic way.

The house pet system worked for where you had to give up all of your freedom, and natural human rights to your owner. You were forced to wear a tag with either fidos or mittens. There were two types of house pets. You were either a personal house pet, to where you had to follow your owner around. Or you were an abandoned house pet, where you weren't allowed to contact your owner, but still had to do favors and still be recognized as a house pet. House pets were only meant to be treated as objects. Never as a human, they revoked their rights.