Chapter 2 ˚ ༘♡

As I finished getting ready for school, I start to walk to school with some fruits for some breakfast. I realized that ever since I used the money Yumeko had paid me to get me out of debt, I felt like I had an entire weight lifted off me. I felt like I could finally be able to live a normal school life. I knew at some point I would have to gamble. But I wanted to enjoy this moment. This moment of me finally being a human. I was halfway there until I felt something wet drip on top of my head. Crap! It was going to rain, and I forgot to bring my umbrella. Of course I did.

I speed walked a little bit to the entrance and saw... Yumeko? I instantly ran over and he smiled at me.

"Good morning Ryuuka! I was waiting for you outside of here," he said as he put the umbrella over both of our heads while chuckling at how flustered I was.

"B-But, how did you know that I come at this time?," I asked a bit confused and interested at the same time. Apparently, Yumeko had actually asked a couple of people of when I usually came, so he can be able to wait up for me. I never realized that he wanted to be my friend. Even after I cheated in a gamble, he still wanted to be my friend. I felt my mind jingle with flustered and butterflies as I giggled softly.

"Anyways, we should head inside! I heard that it might rain soon," he said smiling while tilting his head a bit. We both started to walk until we reached the school. He closed his umbrella and continued to walk with me to our classes.

"You need to tell me all about this school, it feels so fascinating, and about the gambling here, it's so original.. so unique, I hope I can gamble more..," he said while blushing. I was still always shocked when he would talk about gambling like it was his savior or a saint of some kind. He was like a half open book. On the half open side you have his nice personality. But the other half that is closed is just his own world and who he can really be when pushed to his limits. I had to admit that it scared me sometimes.

"Y-Yumeko, I wanted to thank you for giving me the money. It means a lot, even after I was such a.. scumbag..," I said while looking down to the side and pausing in my tracks. He stopped to the moment I said that I was a scumbag. He sighed and put both of his hands on my cheeks as he grinned softly.

"For the last time Ryuuka, you're overthinking it. I did it because I wanted to. It's a gift from me to you. You're not a scumbag whatsoever, so don't say such vulgar things! You're my friend now and when you're my friend, I will treat you with nothing but the most upmost respect!," he said happily as he took away his hand and grabbed my hand as he started to run in the halls. I giggled telling Yumeko to stop or we would get detention.

"Yumeko!!," I said while laughing. He slowed down his pace and started to talk about other things such as what our favorite animals were and such. Until we saw a familiar face. Marihito.

I gasped as I realized he had his collar on. I looked up at him, he was pissed and upset at the fact someone had finally beat him at his own game. Yumeko stared at him menacingly, yet pleased. He was pleased for how he put someone in his place. Marihito looked at him with anger and yet, he felt regret and sorrow.

"M-Marihito.. you became a house pet already?," I said trying to inch a bit closer, but back up soon after I saw his expression. He didn't want to be with anyone, or even be seen.

"Of course I did! I had to because I'm in debt to the student council. You would be in the same place as well, so don't even try to mock me for it," he snapped as he pointed at me. He was right about that, 8.8 million yen is hard to get, even if you gambled for it you would be in more debt if you were to risk it all to try and redeem yourself. He was in a tight spot. Just like I was when I was his house pet.

"You know, as much as I enjoy gambling and don't care about the circumstances. The way you had cheated was nothing but a boring method," Yumeko said while giving a cold stare to Marihito. I gulped remembering that stare, the same stare that was used in the Rock-Paper-Scissors match. "You see Marihito, it was obvious that when you gambled, you were more likely to win higher bets instead of lower ones. There was no risk, this wasn't gambling, you were only giving yourself benefit, never actual consequences."