Whoops...

I edited this chapter and added some new explanations and dialogue. I feel like it feels more genuine and canon to the original story. Thank you to anyone who sees this and reads my work. I'll write soon (chapter 2 and 3 are in the works). 
Created: January 19th 2021
Edited: July 12th 2021

It was early in the morning, the sky was a light shade of pink and the sun was peeking over the horizon, and yet the bed was empty. Adora's eyes shot open and she sat up in the bed. She scanned the room with her eyes, but there was no sign of her. Catra never got up before Adora, that's just how she is. Sleeping came as naturally to her as Adora becoming She-ra (besides the times where they couldn't do those things properly), so what was going on? Adora tossed the blanket aside and jumped out of bed. She walked over to her dresser and grabbed the first things her hand touched which turned out to be a black long sleeved shirt and deep grey leggings. She slipped on her boots and didn't bother to put her hair up in its normal ponytail. Before leaving, she checked the balcony just in case, but she wasn't there. Only the new sunlight of the day was present and it bled across the sky. It was honestly breathtaking, but Adora didn't have time to gawk at it so she spun around on her heel and headed out the bedroom door. 

The hallways were quiet, too quiet. Usually there were a few guards patrolling the halls but she hadn't ran into anyone so far. Adora felt a slight pang of panic rise in her chest so she took a deep breath to calm herself. It was nothing. Everyone's fine, just keep walking forward, she thought to herself. She eventually made it to Glimmer's room, swinging open the door to reveal a dark room.

"Glimmer?" She whispered up towards the bed that floated in the middle of the room. "Glimmer are you up there?" No response and she didn't hear any breathing either. She's not here. Now the worry began to fully set in. She fiddled with her hands as she bolted out the door and ran down to the throne room. 

"What is going on?" She said out loud to no one. She looked around in silence for a moment before taking a deep breath and noisily letting it go. "Uh yeah, if the world is somehow in a time frenzy again, I'd like to know, universe!" She looked around, searching for an answer or something to prove her wrong, but she was only greeted with silence. She grabbed a piece of her hair and began to chew on it, she didn't know what else to do. She turned around and left the throne room and found herself wandering around outside. She heard...birds, animals, that was a good sign at least. She kept moving forward as her mind was on a mission to find someone. She stopped dead in her tracks when she heard a bush from the garden area swish by just a fraction. 

She spat her hair out of her mouth and looked quizzically in that direction. She walked closer and as soon as she walked past the threshold of the garden a loud BAM and then some screaming echoed around the lot. She practically jumped out of her skin and fell to the ground, covering her head with her shield by instinct. She felt tiny pieces of paper fall onto her head and she looked up to witness a ton of eyes staring at her. Each one of them looked more sorry and concerned than anything. She saw Catra, Glimmer, and bow run out of the crowd and towards Adora. 

"Oh gods! Sorry Adora! That was my idea…" Glimmer shouted. Catra got on her knees and put her hands on Adora's shoulders.  Her shield disappeared, but her face was still in shock. 

"I told you not to shoot it until after we shouted happy birthday!" Bow exclaimed and bit his thumb nail. Adora was so overwhelmed with all the emotions she felt in such a short period of time that she couldn't help the tear that fell from her eye. It landed on her hand which startled her for a moment, not noticing that she had begun to cry. She lifted her shaky hands and covered her face. Catra, who was kneeling in front of her, widened her eyes and pulled her in for a hug. Melog uncloaked theirself and rubbed their head on her shoulder.