Cake Fiasco

A/N
I want to say right now that the downside of She-ra and writing fanfictions for it is the number of characters it has! I apologize for characters that don't have many lines or aren't mentioned much honestly, it's most likely because I forgot about them entirely! I tried to give everyone at least one line in this chapter but for the next chapter I'm focusing more on the fluffiness that is Catradora and or the best friend squad...just cause it's easier for me to keep track of two-four individuals and not 15+ characters! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! This is a long one and prepare for many emotions to bombard your skull! 

Word count: 8662

"That is...a terrible idea," Catra said. Her arms were crossed and she was leaning against a table. 

"What? It's totally a great idea!" Adora retorted beside her but didn't sound as convinced as she looked. 

"Anything that involves She-ra and running away is never a good idea," Catra's head tilted to the side with a smirk as she watched Adora slouch with defeat. "We need a distraction," Catra continued and looked between Adora and Scorpia. "Without She-ra because that would be too obvious, and since I'm the brains in this plan, it's gotta be one of you two." 

"I can distract!" Scorpia stepped forward with a wave. 

"Shh! You don't wanna give us away," responded Catra quietly. Scorpia covered her mouth then promptly apologized, sporting a lopsided smile. She glanced at the others behind her, but no one seemed to have noticed or cared. They had stepped away from the commotion, far enough that the others couldn't eavesdrop easily without stepping forward and making it obvious they were listening in. Catra turned her attention back to Adora and Scorpia. She scrunched her face in contemplation then shook her head. 

"Actually, I think Adora should distract. She's the birthday girl here after all and the others are bound to try and spark a conversation with her. It would be impossible to get near the cake without being noticed." 

"Yeah...that makes sense," Scorpia said with a sigh. Before anyone could say anything else, a large gust of wind reached them from above. They all looked up to find one horse, in particular, trying to make a grand entrance. 

"The party can commence now that I, SwiftWind, have arrived!" Swiftwind glided from the sky as elegantly as he could and landed behind them with a flick of his mane. 

"Hey, Swifty!" Adora smiled and walked up to him but stopped short when she saw someone with lilac hair and rose pink skin Jump from his back. Adora gasped and her smile widened. "Madame Razz!" 

"Hello, Adora dearie!" Madame Razz closed the distance between them and pulled Adora into a warm embrace. Adora's eyes widened at her calling her the correct name and she hugged back just as warmly. "Your companion here insisted I come to tell you something...oh what was it?"

"It's her birthday!" SwiftWind replied over her shoulder.

"Oh, a birthday! Right, right!. Who's birthday?" She stared at SwiftWind blankly and he stared back at her in half annoyance but also somewhat impressed by how quickly she forgot things. He sighed.

"Adora's!" He nudged her to look at Adora who smiled sweetly and waved at the turned-around old woman.

"Adora's birthday! How exciting! Happy birthday, dearie!" Razz patted her cheek making Adora giggle. 

"Thank you Razz, and thanks Swifty for bringing her along!" She reached for his snout, letting him push against her palm.

"I thought you deserved everyone at your party. Sorry it took so long, you know how hard it is to get Razz to listen sometimes. I'm happy you're happy!"