Chapter One: Your Best Friend

Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth. HUMANS, and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell. Many years later...

"Is that why it's called Undertale?" Ford questioned. Dipper nodded.

"Yeah, pretty much. I'm, um, not sure how much you'll like it. Are you sure you want to play it?" Dipper admitted.

"Dipper, I've been out of this dimension for 30 years. I want to see how technology has changed. This isn't just for fun! This is for science!"

Dipper chuckled, "Alright Grunkle Ford!"

Name the fallen human:

"So, I know you probably want to write in "Ford" or a nickname, but uh, the story will make more sense if you type in the name 'Chara'" Dipper explained.

C-h-a-r-a

"Story? I didn't know video games could have stories. When I was younger I think the most advanced thing was Pac-Man and Atari," Ford admitted.

Dipper chuckled, "Technology has really changed a lot."

The true name

Continue: no - yes

Yes

"Uh... what do I do?" Ford questioned. He used the controller to move the avatar around the room.

"Well, try going to the right," Dipper suggested. Ford walked to the right and entered a different room. In the center of the room, there was a flower with a smiling face.

"The flower's cute... looks like something Mabel would draw," Ford commented.

Dipper chuckled, "Yeah... cute flower..."

Flowey: Howdy! I'm FLOWEY. FLOWEY the FLOWER! Hmmm... You're new to the UNDERGROUND, aren'tcha? Golly, you must be so confused. Someone ought to teach you how things work around here! I guess little old me will have to do. Ready? Here we go!

"Oh! So this is like the tutorial of the game?"

Dipper shrugged, "I mean... yeah, technically."

FLOWEY: See that heart? That is your SOUL, the very culmination of your being! Your SOUL starts off weak, but can grow strong if you gain a lot of LV. What's LV stand for? Why, LOVE, of course! You want some LOVE, don't you? Don't worry, I'll share some with you!

"This is definitely something Mabel would design. It's almost as if this character came out of her own sketchbook. He's just so, cute and he's winking at me!" Ford explained.

Dipper chuckled awkwardly, "Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if Flowey came out of her sketchbook either...."

FLOWEY: Down here, LOVE is shared through... little white... "friendliness pellets." Are you ready? Move around! Get as many as you can!

"Huh. I don't know why you like this game so much, Dipper. I feel like it's more up Mabel's ally-" Ford mentioned, as he moved the sprite around the catch the friendliness pellets. However, instead of helping him in any way, shape, or form, they brought his HP down to one.

"He... he tried to kill me..." Ford mumbled. "Was... was that supposed to happen?"

Dipper nodded, "Yeah,"

FLOWEY: You idiot! In this world, it's kill or BE killed. Why would ANYONE pass up an opportunity like this!?

Ford watch in shock as the bullets surrounded the heart on the screen.

"Is... is there a way to not get hit?" Ford questioned.

"Doesn't look like it," Dipper confirmed.

FLOWEY: Die.