Chapter 21 - Pregnant

JUNGKOOK

Damn, it had been a long day. After spending all weekend with Aria, I was missing her like crazy, especially her sweet, raspberry and mint scented hair. I could never quite figure out the unique fragrance until I saw the bottle of her shampoo in her shower.  Now, I was even more obsessed with it.

Why was she all I could think about? Even her cute little lavender polished toes, and how I'd kissed each one, owned real estate in my mind. I'd never been so consumed by another person, not even my first.

"This shit can't be normal," I grumbled on my way to Aria's office. I needed to see her, just for a moment, just to get a whiff of her hair; then I'd feel better. Plus, I wanted to make sure she was doing okay too. Although we'd enjoyed our time together and each other immensely, I knew she tended to overthink things and was likely still feeling quite uneasy about the whole teacher-student thing.

As I rounded the corner, I could see a woman entering Aria's office. She was wearing a tan suit and a snooty ass look on her face, her lips pressed together with her nose in the air.  Her demeanor and her attire were both very... business-like. She was definitely way too old to be a student, and I was almost positive she wasn't a professor either.

I had to admit, seeing her made me nervous as hell. As badly as I wanted to eavesdrop on the conversation, I knew it'd be best for me to stay as far away from Aria as possible right now. I practically ran in the opposite direction to my car. I'd have to call her later to find out exactly who that woman was and what she wanted.

In all the time I'd been tutoring with Aria, I'd never seen anyone besides a student here or there visit her office. Now suddenly, after we'd spent the weekend together, there was some strange woman I'd never seen before?

Wtf?!

I was freaking out, biting my nails the entire drive home. Could someone have somehow found out about us that fast?! What if she was getting fired right now? It would be all my fault.

With my mind so preoccupied, I didn't even notice the familiar car sitting in front of my apartment. The moment I opened my car door, the blonde seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

"Jungkookie!" He sang, apparently tickled by the fact that he'd made me flinch. "Oh, did I frighten you?  Well, serves you right!"

"What do you want, Jimin?"

"Now is that any way to greet your bestie whom you haven't spoken to in weeks?" He slapped me on the arm playfully before his tone became more serious. "You haven't bothered to answer or return my calls, and I have been worried sick about you. What's going on with you, and why did I have to come all the way over here to track you down?" He questioned, hitting me again.

"Nothing's going on. I've been fine. I just have a lot on my mind, and I've been really busy lately with projects and presentations and stuff to prepare for graduation," I defended as I unlocked the door and went inside with Jimin right on my ass, refusing to let up.

"I'll say. You've been so busy that you haven't been home all weekend. And don't you dare lie and say you were at your parents' because I've been here and there numerous times and no one has been at either place. None of the guys have heard from you in weeks. I even dropped by the coffee shop to talk to Chunae and she told me she'd broken up with you almost two months ago because of your sudden erratic behavior. So, I'm not leaving here until you tell me what the hell is going on."