Chapter 3: The Boathouse

Stevie's POV:

The arrival of the Beauxbaton and Durmstrang students was as spectacular as it was anticipated.
However, once the initial excitement wore off, the extra students became more of a burden than anything. Suddenly there were lines to use the toilets in between classes, and walking through the halls became more of a slow crawl than the normal swift movements.

"Merlin's Beard! KEEP MOVING. YOU CAN'T JUST STAND THERE BECAUSE YOU'RE LOST AGAIN!" I shouted, squeezing past a cluster of Durmstrang girls who had blocked off an entire half of the first floor corridor.

"What's got you all up in arms today?" Adrian questioned, running to keep up with me.

"I'm not up in arms. I'm just tired of having to leave 15 minutes early to be able to make it to breakfast on time." I groaned at the sight of a Beauxbaton's couple locked at the lips.

"They're only going to be here until the tournaments over. And some of the Durmstrang guys are pretty cool." Adrien shrugged.

I abruptly swung around to face him, forcing Adrien to walk into me, as he didn't have enough time to stop. "They don't even let Muggleborns in their school. How cool can any of them be?"

Adrien sighed and turned me back around, guiding me to continue walking. "Don't tell me you're letting that Weasley boy get into your head already. You haven't even gone out with him yet."

"Piss off." I rolled my eyes, shaking his arms off of my shoulders. I quickly climbed down the stairwell next to me, and headed into the potions classroom. Adrien followed, sitting down beside me.

"How are you feeling about the date anyways? Change your mind yet?" He whispered as Snape strolled by.

I pulled out my potions textbook and set it on the table in front of us. "Nervous, I guess. I've never been on an actual date before- and like it or not I'm still going."

"Honestly, I'm surprised you said yes. Didn't think you cared about anything before the sex." Adrien mumbled, opening his book to the page number written on the board.

I slapped his arm, "That was so uncalled for."

"But not wrong."

"Why are you so concerned with what I chose to do?" I hissed back, flipping passed the potion instructions I was looking for.

"I'm not concerned. Just surprised is all." He huffed.

"Oh really? That's not what it sounds like to me. You've been such an arse since George asked me out. I don't know if you're just jealous or something, but you need to sort it out."

"Jealous? Is that what you think I am?" He snorted, rolling his eyes "You're that desperate for attention, now?"

"Seriously- what is your deal? I don't know what you want me to do." I cried, slamming my hands down on the table.

"Well maybe stop mentioning George when you know I'm in love with you!" Adrian hissed, his breathing starting to speed up.

"You brought it up! I haven't even- wait. You're... what?" I stuttered.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Pucey and Miss Blythe- I was unaware that your conversation was more important than my potions lesson." Snape scowled, staring over at me and Adrian.

"M'sorry sir." We echoed, straightening up against his glare.

"As I was saying, you will be brewing a draught of peace. I expect you all to begin thinking about whether or not you want to be in this classroom next year. From the looks of it, my N.E.W.T.S level class will be quite small..."