Chapter 5 - An accidental meeting

Dear Diary,

Today is the 21th of August XXXX.

A month has passed since I came into this world called Teyvat. Though during this short timespan, a lot of things happened while I was on the search of ways to return to my world. I haven't seen my brother ever since the day we parted; I'm still so mad at myself for not rethinking my actions on that day. This accident would've never happened in the first place, if I had listened to him, when he told me to think everything thoroughly. I was blinded by my greed and excitement, too stubborn to sit back and stop what had corrupted my mind.

I caused this mess, so how can I possibly feel any joy without my brother right now?

I have so many questions of what may have happened to him, too many that I won't ever get to find the answer to them, the longer I stayed here.

"I want to go back home. I regret this so much." were the thoughts I had on my first days in Teyvat.

However, creeping up in a hole didn't do any better for me.

I explored the environment around me, as soon as my sleepless nights started to decrease. For days I have tried to ignore the sorrow in my heart by diverting my attention to other things.

And.. it worked.

It wasn't that effective as I won't ever stop seeking for a way to go back, but the distractions made my mind feel more at ease. I started thinking again ever since then.

To survive, I used my knowledge from other adventures to hunt down animals (for food) and build a temporary shelter. Normally Aether would've done the hunting, so it was quite the challenge for me at the beginning. I tried a simpler method of obtaining food and that was by fishing at the beach. To be honest, I have to admit that I pretty much sucked at getting fish, speaking less of my attempt at roasting them. A fish per catch wasn't always assured, but it was enough for me to survive. Besides, fish wasn't the only thing I had pulled out of the sea.

One day, when I was confident enough in catching fish for three meals, I led myself to the sea once again. Only mere seconds had passed when I felt a strong pull from my fishing rod. It took quite a lot of my energy to reel it to the beach, but my expectations of eating a full meal on that day were wasted on a floating child. Though I shouldn't describe that child as a 'waste'. There will be a day where I will use it as emergency food, once I run out of something to eat. The floating child afterwards revealed itself as Paimon.

We actually came to be good friends. She was part of the people who covered most of my sorrowful days with cheerful laughs. Our first meeting was quite awkward with the fact that I saved her from drowning when fishing. It made our friendship stand out more, it made it extraordinary.

As in return for saving her life, Paimon offered herself as a guide to lead me to the Archons that could help me find my way back home. She was also the one who informed me about this world and roughly it's history.

After our meeting, Paimon and I settled into a big journey.

There was this strange, exciting - yet also anxious feeling which occurred in me, once I set foot into this unknown nation. I knew that I had to find my way back as soon as possible - but I just couldn't stand around and witness people trying to protect their land from a dragon who ceased to watch over them. I wanted to do something.

I wanted to help them bring back peace into their city again.

This thought had been stuck in my head, ever since I found out about the catastrophe in Mondstadt, a city where freedom was supposed to reign in. But from the way the dragon behaved, the way it let its stormy tornadoes ravage the city - It looked nothing like freedom to me.