Chapter 2 - Finding my way to you

"And that was how I met my savior." Lumine finally came to a conclusion, almost sounding a bit too proud when she told her brother about her perspective during the Archon War. It was about 13 years ago, when the war had come to an end, as Lumine was able to reunite with her family again. She was filled with so much enlightenment that she forgot to ask about her mother, who had been gone for so long. It took her a few weeks later to ask her father about the absence of her mom, but he remained silent. Only years later she had found out that she wouldn't ever come back to her again. It was a hard moment for Lumine, but she adapted quickly to the things to how they just were.

As said, the two worlds split after the Archon War.
Lumine was fated to stay in the world where mystical beings lived. But she was way too young to understand what was happening when the split of the two nations occurred. Her thoughts were so full of the desire to meet the 'Mister' again, but he never showed up in front of her again. It felt like his existence just vanished from this world.
Ever since that day he saved her, she kept the thoughts to herself, which asked questions like "Will Mister come and visit me?" or "Is Mister fine out there?". She was so young - too young and naive to understand. Yet when she grew older, that thought had not left her. Not even once.

As Lumine grew older, her intelligence also grew with her. She began to read books, always finding new information in them. Books were the only thing she could rely on, since nobody would answer her questions every time she brought up the Archon War. Sometimes she would even find a few adventure diaries listed in the so-called 'boring' books, which told a story of travelling from one world to another. It was one of the first she picked up, when she had found an undeniable interest in knowledge. The only person she ever shared her knowledge with was her brother, who was also her closest companion.

Currently, she and her brother Aether were slacking off in her room, both resting on her bed. Aether had laid flat with his belly across the mattress, meanwhile Lumine leaned her back against the wall. She explained the whole journey to her brother, who was listening to her story with curiosity. Each time he tried to build up a conversation with Lumine, he made his way to her room but what he found was his sister focusing on reading books. He was always satisfied with his opinion alone, that one's mind can get too addicted to books once you read too much. So he stayed away from them. And it was the right choice, taking his sister as an example who had fallen victim to these weird lettered blocks in the form of rectangles. Despite that thought, he had always wondered why his sister was so obsessed with stories of the past, that may have more or less traumatized her.
Now that she had told him his story, he understood her intentions of researching the Archon War all these years. Maybe.

No, not really.

But even if he didn't understand his sister, he would always tag along. They both stuck together so close, almost impossible to part. If they found themselves in a problematic situation, one twin would help out the other, wouldn't they? Obviously Aether wouldn't leave Lumine alone with all the blame. It may not look like it, but he really liked the company of his sister by his side, even if she didn't talk that much.

He had thought of his sibling as a curious being. Lumine always seeked more than one answer, not looking from one perspective but several other. Aether knew her so well, yet she felt so distant to him. One time, he caught her attempting to go to the other world, once she had gathered information from mere rumors. It was when they were both about 16 years old, so not very long ago.
Her brother thought that she lost her mind, furious at her for not rethinking her decision. He blamed himself later for being so angry at her. At that time he was just worried about her safety, thinking that his sister would never be able to return, once she made the first step. He was simply scared of losing her.

But Lumine longed for knowledge. From that point, Aether had known that she won't ever stop longing for answers she desired most. It first started with her learning how to read and write. After achieving the ability to do so, she read books. So many books that she lost count. But no, obviously not romance books (like this one you're reading), but about history. Her taste and interests were so diverse in comparison to Aether's, despite them being twins. Yet their chemistry was so divine, both siblings accepting each other with ease.