Hell Above (Chapter One)

[Vic]

"Ahhhggggg" I groaned as I rolled over to slam my hand down onto the snooze button of my alarm clock. It was 6am, and today was the big day. The boys and I were heading out to begin the Collide With the Sky tour, and I wasn't in the mood to be awake at this ridiculous hour. As I sat up, rubbed the sleep from my eyes, and fixed my hair, I thought of the one good thing about having to wake up so damn early. I would get to see Kellin this morning at the tour meeting before our busses headed off to Los Angeles. There are no words to describe how happy I am that Sleeping With Sirens is on this tour! Not only are our bands such close friends, but over the summer during Warped Tour I had finally come the the conclusion that I, Victor Vincent Fuentes, was in love with Kellin Quinn.

Getting out of bed, I walked over to the mirror on my dresser and looked myself over. "Not bad Fuentes, not bad at all." I said to myself quietly. I had been working out a bit in hopes of being a little less scrawny for this tour. I mean hey, I'd seen Kellin eyeing up Matty Mullins's sculpted body, it couldn't hurt to try and be a little more appealing-I have some SERIOUS competition for Mr.Quinn. Ever since Kellin came out, almost every other gay guy in a band was all over him. You should've seen him and Josh from You Me at Six in Minnesota at Warped...some things can't be unseen. I shudder and shake that thought away. Walking to my open closet I make the toughest decision I'll have to make all day; what do I wear? I settle on black skinny jeans, a grey Anthem tee, and a red beanie. Comfy, casual, and hopefully Kellin-approved. I laugh to myself, he designed this shirt; of course he'd approve of it!

Finally leaving my room, I walk down the hall of the flat that I share with the rest of the band here in San Diego. Banging on my brother, Mike's, door I yell "Bro! Get your ass up, tour meeting at 7." then continue down to the room Jaime and Tony share (they lost rock, paper, scissors and had to take the room with bunk beds) "Wake up losers, gotta be at the bus by 7!". I was answered by Jaime opening the door fully dressed with his hair done perfectly in his signature style. "Dude, since when do I sleep in?" he said, pushing past me. I laughed, "Never." Jaime was always punctual. But he was walking strangely fast towards the kitchen...something was definitely up. "Besides," he said over his shoulder "there's only two waffles left in the freezer!" That bastard. "No fair!" I yelled, chasing after him. Midway through the Waffle Battle in the kitchen, Mike and Tony wandered in still in their pajamas. "Guys, keep it down please." Tony said. "Yeah, there's more waffles in the garage freezer dumbasses." Mike added.

After finishing breakfast, double checking our suitcases, calling our parents, and making sure all the widows and doors were locked, we all piled into Mike's car and headed off to the pre-tour meeting. All I could think about the entire car ride there was how excited I was to see Kellin. He always looked hot in the morning.