malignant review for school lmfao

Malignant isn't like your average book or fan fiction. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, in fact it's the very opposite of that. Each chapter has you reeling on emotions and thoughts and opinions, that you never even knew existed. The dark, mysterious and dangerous setting and plot line is so addicting you'd never want to put it down.

Why should you read this book? Well the answer to that is fairly simple. It's a challenge. The author, who goes by 'happydays1d', brings about challenging and often difficult topics of discussion, like mental health, unplanned births, family losses or grief, and incorporates them beautifully in her writing all throughout the books. The views and opinions of the readers are always so interesting to listen to. Someone might think that the mental health of the main character(s) shouldn't affect the judgement of what is right and what is wrong, whereas others might let them off as they have little to no control over who they are.

Another reason to read this book; it's educational. The author elegantly portrays the correct affects and causes of an often misinterpreted form of DID, Dissociative Identity Disorder. The blackouts, the trauma that causes it, the treatment, the worries that come with it, are all strung together and linked to give the reader an accurate view into how and why someone suffering from DID might be affected.

Its also rather addicting. Throughout the entire time i was reading it, i was feeling the same emotions and thoughts as Amelia, the main character. It could just be me, but, personally, I felt rather attached to Amelia not only as a character, but also as a person. Her views and opinions are the same points that most women often suppress, she gives a voice to modern day women. Readers relate to her. She relates to readers.

However, there's one downside. It has intense violence, sexual content and some rather vulgar language which may affect and displease sensitive readers. In defence, the violence isn't in much detail, so that softens the blow...a bit. There are warnings before the chapters, warning readers of what's to come so you can skip it; though, personally, i don't like having to skip chapters as it means i'm left without the full story and I don't have the same information as some of the other readers.

To conclude, i think that you should read this book as it hooks you right from the start and doesn't let you off until you have finished the entire trilogy. But the choice is yours at the end, to read this gem or never know the story of Harry and Amelia. Choose wisely.