Epilogue

"Give everyone at Berk my regards," Thyra says as she walks her friends back to their dragons after the feast.

After being made the new chief, she immediately went to change her clothes, the wedding having been forgotten completely. Together with everyone, they released all caged dragons that were still trapped in the arena. "I'll be sure to come visit as much as possible though these first few months will be a lot to rearrange and to get everyone on board."

"Will you be alright?" Astrid asks, hugging her friend.

Thyra looks back, seeing Birger standing with Gaoth, trying to feed the dragon. She chuckles, her heart swelling at the sight. "I think this is exactly where I should be," she says happily. "Actually, I think my father has truly given me an unexpected gift when he brought me back here."

"I can see," Astrid says, winking at her. "Invite us to the redo of that wedding of yours."

"No promises," the new chief says, ushering her friends onto their dragons. "Now go home before it's way too late to go flying. And remember, if you ever need any help, me and Gaoth are only a shout away."

Goath and Birger move closer to them as the Hooligan dragonriders climb onto their dragons and take off.

"I have to admit, your friends are actually pretty fun," Birger says, staying slightly away from Thyra, not really knowing how to hold himself.

"They really are," Thyra says, chuckling awkwardly, just as lost as him.

Gaoth huffs, moving over to her rider and pushing the girl forward with a bump of her head, making Thyra just about fall into Birger's arms and making both blush profusely.

"Sorry," Thyra mumbles, trying to collect herself though she doesn't step away from the guy, staying in his secure arms which are wrapped around her waist.

"Thyra, what are we?" Birger asks, not sounding like the confident guy he usually is as he looks down at her. "I mean, your father wanted us to get married but I'm just wondering... with him gone... you probably have something else in mind."

"Actually, I was thinking we could start a little slower," Thyra says slowly, her already red cheeks burning a bit brighter. "I was hoping you'd want to date me instead."

Birger's face lights up. "I'd be honored," he says, picking her up and twirling her around which earns him a giggle.

"Thank you for standing by me," she says when she's firmly with two feet on the ground again. "Now, how about I show you my world?"

She leads him over to Gaoth, climbing into her saddle. Seeing the conflicted look in Birger's face, she holds out her hand to him. "Come on. I promise we'll go easy on you."

Birger huffs, climbing on behind her, placing his hands on her hips just in case. "Like I'm scared of flying."

Thyra chuckles. "Let's go, girl," she says affectionately to the dragon and soon they're up in the air, Birger screaming and Thyra laughing.