Part 2

The next day, Yuuji woke up earlier than usual as he had a restless night before. Tossing and turning in his bed, looking at the clock every now and then.

It was still morning, there's still plenty amount of time before he meets up with his teacher. Ruffling his messy hair, Yuuji quickly doned a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, pulling the hood to cover his untidy hair.

Making his way out his bedroom and into the dining hall on the school grounds, Yuuji simply needed something to quench his parched throat. There was no one in the corridor or the common room, so the silence of the place really gives a calming and soothing atmosphere.

The sleepless night immediately showing its side effects with heavy bags forming underneath his eyes near Sukuna's closed ones.

Which reminds him, Sukuna has been silent this whole time. Its completely uncharacteristic. Usually, the King of Curses would pop his mouth on Yuuji's body simply to spit a snarky remark or comment at random times. But he has been quiet all this while.

Yuuji desperately hopes he's not planning something unprecedented for today. The last thing he wants is Sukuna hijacking his body and go on a killing marathon. Whatever he plans to do, he'd better not fuck anything up today. He felt like he couldn't.

As Yuuji stepped into the dining hall, he spotted a black haired figure sitting at one of the vacant tables, sipping a glass of hot tea.

" Good morning, Megumi!" Yuuji ran up to him and plopped down on the chair opposite of him. Said boy gulped down his drink and looked back at Yuuji.

"Morning." He replied casually in his quiet voice. Studying his friend's face closer, Megumi took note of the wearied expression. "You look tired."

"Ahaha... Yeah I wasn't able to sleep much..." Yuuji laughed sheepishly while rubbing at his eyes. "But I'm fine! It won't kill me!" He grinned confidently and stood up to grab a glass of water.

Megumi followed him to the kitchen and watched him closely. "We don't have any mission today, why are you up so early then?"

Yuuji saw no harm in telling Megumi so he did. "I'm going out with Gojo-sensei later, he said he wanted to go visit a cafe and do some shopping."

This made the black haired sorceror perk up. Sure, Gojo- sensei always treats them for food every once in a while but this time he was going with only Yuuji. Not that he cared, he simply found it weird because he would usually include all of them together, including Nobara.

Speaking of which, Fushiguro thought, the two of them have become a lot more closer than before. The teacher would always come by the dorms to visit Yuuji, bringing snacks or gifts evry now and then and sometimes he would walk with Yuuji back to the dorms after their training, only to travel the long distance back again to his house.

He was no matchmaker that's for sure, but even an outsider can tell what's slowly blossoming between them. Gojo never does this to his other students. One look at the other boy beside him and Megumi retracted his statement. "Well except this idiot."

"So you guys are going on a date?"

The water that was flowing down Yuuji's throat suddenly took a wrong turn and it had him bowling over coughing his lungs out with his eyes bulging out of his sockets. Megumi starred nonchalantly. "Yeah, he definitely doesn't."

"W-w-what are you saying! Its nothing like that!" Yuuji blushed furiously and waved his hands in exasperation, throat still sore from all the coughing.

"Sure." Came a sigh and Megumi pushed himself off the counter and walked out the kitchen as if nothing happened.

"W-Wait, Megumi!" He called but the boy was already long gone.

What did he say? How did he even interpret it that way? We're just going out for a while... Am I missing something? Yuuji thought questioningly as he was once again left alone in the kitchen.

_______________________________

Happy to see 20 reads on the first chapter. Hope you guys would bear with me as I write this story. It'll be a multiple chapter story. Thank you so much and have a good day ^^