Goodbye

The "fond" farewell.
THERE IS NO EXPLICIT CONTENT

     Tony and Ziva stood in the midst of the saplings. His hands were on her waist and her hands cupped either side of his face, her thumbs brushing against his cheeks. Her forehead was touching Tony's and her nose was brushing his as she shook her head.
     "Ziva," Tony whispered.
     "Shh," Ziva hushed softly.
     She did not want to part from him. She feared this was a dream and she would wake up. She finally was in Tony's arms and she never wanted to leave. Her time retracing her life made it clear that she was alone, but Tony never made her feel alone. Tony circled her waist and drew her close. Ziva's hands left his face and wrapped around his neck, her nose breathing in his scent. He smelled of the Israeli desert, but also of a comforting smell that Ziva would only be able to describe as Tony.
     "Let's go inside," Tony murmured in her hair.
     Ziva nodded. Together the two walked hand-in-hand back to the house. Tony and Ziva did not speak, but they both knew that they were perfectly content with no words. Tony opened the door to allow Ziva to enter first. Ziva entered and ran her hand through her wild hair.
     "Well, what do you want to do?" Tony asked. When Ziva did not respond immediately he continued, "I'm hungry. So think we should get food. Is there a good pizza place nearby?"
     Ziva chuckled and shook her head, stooping to grab a bowl from the lower cupboard. "I do not know of a pizza place within ten miles of here, Tony."
     Tony peered over her shoulder to look at the bowl. Inside was a mound of dough, but not just any dough, pizza dough. Ziva smirked as she felt Tony snake his arms around her and hold her.
     "I knew you would want pizza eventually," Ziva said simply.
     "Is this one of the 'favors' you offer to your man?" Tony's deep voice resonated in her ear and sent shivers down her spine.
     "I told you, the 'favors' I offer have little to do with clothes," Ziva said softly, looking Tony up and down.
    Tony's throat bobbed as he swallowed thickly. Ziva's gaze paused for a split second over his lower part before she made eye contact and smiled. Tony stepped back so he did not lose control and start making out with Ziva. Though the idea was good, he wanted pizza more. Ziva finished assembling the pizza, fighting Tony sneaking toppings the whole time. The two sat on the couch while the smell of fresh pizza filled the room.
     "Remember the first time we were undercover, Sweetcheeks?" Tony asked, playing with Ziva's hand.
     "Yes," Ziva said, smirking at the memory, "I also remember your 'knee'."
     "It was my knee," Tony said adamantly. "Most of the time."
     Ziva laughed and the timer beeped. The two laughed and enjoyed the pizza, washing the dishes after. Tony walked outside, finding Ziva sitting on a small swing. The swing was a simple plank of wood with two ropes tied to a large tree. Tony began gently pushing Ziva.
     "My father set this up when Tali was young." Ziva's eyes were unfocused and misty. "She and I would swing together for hours."
     "I wish I knew Tali," Tony mused softly.
     Ziva tilted her head to look at Tony. "She would have liked you."
     Tony and Ziva watched the sunset. The sun dropped beneath the mountains and there was the last pale glow in the now star filled night. Tony looked at the stars, admiring the sight that is nearly never seen in D.C. He glanced down and saw Ziva leaning against him, her eyes closed and breathing deep. Tony knew she was just dozing because she was not snoring.
     "Ziva," Tony said softly.
     He gently brushed his hand through her mass of curls. Ziva hummed and slowly opened her eyes. Tony nodded his head back towards the house. Ziva got up, but did not have a chance to take a step. Tony whisked her off her feet and carried her bridal style back to the house.
     "Tony!" Ziva laughed all the way back to the house.
     Tony grinned and chuckled himself. Their laughs were the only thing heard in the night. Together they were the only people left in the world. Tony stopped as Ziva opened the door. Tony stopped and looked at Ziva. He carefully walked towards the master bedroom. Ziva leaned her head against Tony's shoulder. Tony gently laid Ziva on the bed. Ziva sat up and watched Tony with curious eyes.
     "Would you consider me your man?" Tony asked.
     Ziva leaned backwards as Tony leaned over her. "I consider you a man."
     Tony leaned forward until his nose was centimeters away from hers. "Those favors you offer."
     Ziva closed her eyes. When she opened them Tony was looking at her with soft eyes. His eyes looked at hers and she only saw the love that he had for her. Ziva reached up and pressed her lips to his.
     "You are the only man in my life," Ziva whispered.
     Tony grinned against her lips and pressed his lips to hers. He reached behind her and bunched her curls, drawing her lips closer to him. He ever so slowly pushed her back, their lips never leaving. Ziva accepted and wrapped her arms around his neck.

     Ziva hummed softly as she woke up. She looked over and saw Tony. Ziva smiled in the pale sunrise. This is always how she imagined her life. Tony was sleeping, but his arm was wrapped around her waist, holding her close to him. Ziva laid her head back on his bare chest and ran her fingers lightly on his chest.
     "You're up early," Tony said huskily.
     "You still tired?" Ziva asked softly.
     "You're not?" Tony asked.
     "Well you're the one who is a NCIS Federal Agent," Ziva teased.
     Tony chuckled and rolled over. He propped himself onto his elbow and looked down at Ziva. Ziva smiled at him as she buried her head into the pillow. Tony reached over and planted his hands on either side of her head, kissing her lips softly.
     "I'm hungry," Tony mumbled.
     Ziva began laughing. She grinned and rolled over, sitting on the edge of the bed. Tony got up, slipping on a pair of sweatpants and tossing one of his Ohio State sweatshirts at Ziva. Tony walked out of the room to get breakfast. Ziva smiled and played with her necklace.
     However, her smile turned to sadness as she fiddled with the clasp. Once the golden chain was loosened, she tugged on it, dropping the star into her hand. Ziva stared at it for a while, thinking of the first time she got it.

-----
"Here."
     Ziva looked oddly at Tony, who had just placed a small box on her desk. The box was flat and had a tiny little bow on it. It was Ziva's third day as an official "probie" at NCIS. Ziva took the box and shook it lightly.
     "Is there a tiny bomb in here?" Ziva joked.
     "Ah, if only," Tony teased back.
     Ziva smiled as Tony leaned over his desk. She had missed this and was happy that it returned to exactly how it was before. She opened the box and held back her gasp. There, set on a velvet cushion, was a necklace. The golden Star of David sat on a small gold chain, the metal perfectly polished.
     Ziva looked at Tony with awe. "Tony, I-"
     "I know Saleem took your other one." Tony stood, walking to behind her. "I figured, you still wanted the memory of Tali with you."
     Ziva let him claps the delicate chain around her ne k. She smiled at the fact that he remembered that Tali was the one who first gave Ziva her "signature" necklace.
     Ziva turned around, holding back the urge to lunge at Tony and hug him forever. "Thank you, Tony."

-----

     Ziva slid the sweatshirt and a pair of spandex shorts on, her necklace still in her hand. She took and walked past Tony's coat, slipping the necklace into the inner pocket. This was his reminder of her and the night they spent together. Ziva also wanted to pass it along to Tony, as a keepsake of her.
     "What smells so good?" Ziva asked, walking into the kitchen.
     "Pancakes," Tony said proudly. "I followed the instructions to a 'T'."
     Ziva smiled at how Tony was working so hard to make their last morning together special. He had even set a vase of plants on the table. There were no flowers and he had picked a bunch of weeds from outside, but to Ziva it was the thought that counts. Ziva sat down, the light in her eyes dying.
     "What's wrong?" Tony asked, setting a stack of pancakes in front of her.
     "You are leaving tonight," Ziva said softly. "I do not think I can let go."
     Tony nodded, understanding her mood. "Hey, I don't want to force you into something you're not ready for. I just want you to remember that you can call."
     Ziva pushed away, leaving the pancakes to get cold. "Tony what are we doing?"
     Tony stood up and stood behind Ziva, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Well, I don't know what you're doing, but I'm falling in love with you."
     Ziva gave  tiny chuckle. "Were you not already."
     Tony laughed and nuzzled into her neck. "We had Paris, now we'll always have Israel and this home."
     Ziva sighed, trying to enjoy the short time they had left before she drove him to the dreaded airport. Ziva knew she would see him again. She just did not know all the events that would be laid out in her way.

________________________________________

Soooooooooooooo? Comments?
Next is a little one shot as a continuation of an episode. I'll give you a hint.

Tali

Can you guess which episode it is? Or which story I'm continuing?