1. Prologue

PROLOGUE

-:-

A CERTAIN DAY IN THE CLOCK TOWER

" 10 years... Its been that long since the true end of the Holy Grail War ..." Emiya Shiro thought as he meditates "A lot has happened huh?"

20 years ago, Emiya Shiro helped Tohsaka Rin win the 5th and final Holy Grail War. It was in that war that Shiro took his very first steps to the path that he has longed to walk.

Shiro fought and defeated his future self with sheer will power alone. He fought against the King of Heroes on equal footing. But most importantly, he gained the power that would both grant the salvation of others, and drag him to ruin

Unlimited Blade Works

After the 5th Fuyuki Grail War, he joined Rin through her misadventures through the Clock Tower. During that time, Shiro has experienced many many things and even went as far as becoming a Freelance Enforcer.

He traveled the world for a few years and performed many deeds. Some were heroic, yet some were vile. Never the less, he saved many lives at the cost of a few. Frustrating as it might be, Shiro has no choice but to accept that he cant save everyone. This is why he must get stronger in order to reduce the sacrifices to zero.

10 years after the 5th Grail War, Shiro joined his good friend Lord El-Melloi II and Tohsaka Rin in their quest to permanently disable the Grate Grail of Fuyuki. Naturally, they met resistance from the Clock Tower mages who wanted to use the Grail for their own purposes. However, after a conflict of the same scale as the Fuyuki Grail Wars, the Grail was permanently decommissioned.

That was 10 years ago.

Now adays, Shiro is still a freelancer with the mission to save as many people as he can.

Nothing has changed, yet everything no longer remains the same. While he still constantly chase the dream that Kiritsugu has left him, he is no longer the kid he once was. He only needs to look at a mirror to see how much he has changed.

"Man... I look like ARCHER. He did say that excessive use of Projection caused his skin and hair color to change."

His skin is excessively tanned. His hair is pure white. Even his height drastically increased over the past few years. But the greatest change lies within him. While he still holds his ideals close to his heart, he pulls through all the suffering and frustration with the support of his friends.

"Heh... A lot has happened huh?" Shiro thought amusingly

He continues his meditation until the worst possible person enters the meditation hall... The Wizard Marshal Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg.

Zelretch walks silently through the meditation hall, careful not to disturbed the others in their meditation. Zelretch stops in front of of Shiro, takes a seat then meditates. A couple of peaceful seconds later...

" *sigh* I'm Bored" said Zelretch in a small voice, as if making sure that only Shiro could hear it.

.

.

.

.

"ZELRETCH IS BORED! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" a random woman screams from pure terror

All hell breaks loose as every last person makes a mad scramble for the nearest exit. Naturally, Shiro does the same.

He has two choices

The door, which unfortunately, makes him have to go through Zelretch.

The window, which unfortunately, leads to a 500 foot drop down the clock tower.