chapter seven

Adela was dressed head to toe in armor her face was covered as well, deeming her unrecognizable when Peter left the underground forteresse.

He did appear to be confused, though. Adela was too slim to be her father. Adela stood beside Miraz, who's identity was also hidden. "If it should appear to go poorly..." Began Miraz. He looked to Glozelle and nodded towards his crossbow.

"Understood, Your Majesty." Glozelle responded.

"I won't need it." Assured Adela. She stepped forth, coming face to face with Peter. "You're not Miraz." He realized.

"Peter, it's me." Adela whispered anxiously.

"What?" Peter doubted.

"My father wanted me to fight. I had no choice. Don't let this change anything. You have to fight me. Don't be afraid to hurt me. I can take it, and I will give you the same. We need to hold this off as long as we can." Adela concluded. She had no more time to talk, and backed away.

Peter now had a worried expression. All the Narnians, who still haven't recognized the girl, watched confusedly. "I can still stop this." Peter mumbled.

"You're sending someone else to fight for you? Are you too afraid?" Peter dared.

"But the opposite. I am sending someone very dear to me who I know has the capability to fight in combat. I am risking the life of a loved one, which would take much more bravery than giving my own." Miraz objected confidently.

Miraz was lying. He could tell that the Pevensies had somewhat of a relationship with Adela. This served as an advantage, since it would discourage Peter while he fought.

"You must be confident this person will win, then." Peter cocked an eyebrow.

"I am certain." Miraz sent Adela a glare. She sighed. "Peter, it's no use. I know what Lucy and Susan are doing. If I can fight, so can you. No matter what happens, no matter what I say, keep fighting. Do it for Narnia." Whispered Adela with encouragement.

Peter shook his head slowly. "I don't want to hurt you." Peter hesitated.

"I won't let you." Adela countered.

Adela raised her sword. She glanced at Edmund worriedly. He didn't seem to recognize who she was, yet seemed skeptical. Adela cleared her throat, and spoke in a deeper voice to not worry any of the other Narnians.

"There is still time to surrender." She played the part to further convince her father. Peter pursed his lips. He forced a glare to appear more believable. "Well, feel free." Peter jeered.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Continued Adela.

"Just one." Peter dropped his helmet down on his face. Adela nodded assuringly. Adela ran forward with a loud cry. She jumped onto a destroyed pillar, and hit her sword at Peter. He blocked her with his shield.

She fought as if she fought one of her greatest enemies. Peter was hesitant. His fighting was lousy and weak. Adela, on the other hand, fought to the best of her abilities. If Peter was going to strike back, he would have to get hurt.

"Adela, I don't want to do this." Peter muttered. Adela swung her sword at him again. His helmet fell to the ground. It was now, that Peter understood. He swung his blade at her knee, slicing it open.

She groaned. Nevertheless, she remained standing. "Good." She said simply. She charged back at Peter, causing him to fall to the ground. She slammed her foot down on his shield, which slightly twisted his arm.

Peter let out a cry. Adela repeatedly swung at the boy. He rolled over to the side, and quickly stood up. Peter was distracted upon watching Caspian return with Susan. Adela sighed. Both of them stood still, shaking.