𝟖. 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐁𝐎𝐒𝐒

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 when Shalnark opens it, but luckily, no one's attention focuses on us two. 

We make our way through the crowds. I hold Shalnark's hand so I don't get lost. 

"So, where's your target?" I ask him as we navigate through hundreds of ballgowns and fancy suits. 

"Why's there a crown on your head?" He asks at the same time. We pause, before laughing quietly. 

"I'll answer first," I say after we finish laughing. "Illumi might need me for something. To act as his adopted daughter, I think."

"That man could never score children," Shalnark rolls his eyes. 

"I know, right?" I agree. "But he's too lazy to actually look through the crowd for me, so he told me to wear a crown, so he can easily spot me, or something."

"Mmh, cool. Anyway, the answer to your question, the mafia boss is somewhere in here. I just got here, that's why I haven't caught him yet. Or spotted him."

I nod, before pulling his arm. "Shalnark," I hiss. "I see him."

Shalnark trips on his feet at my voice, but he steadies himself. I gently cup the back of his head and point it in the direction of the boss. His eyes search the direction I point him in, before he slowly nods. 

"I see it," Shalnark tells me. "Welp, c'mon." He grabs my hand and starts dragging me over.

My eyes widen. "Wait, why am I coming with you? Where are you dragging me? Shalnark!" 

"Yes?" He gives me puppy eyes. 

"I fucking hate you," I growl. "But I'll play along with this. Just, tap me when you need me. Cause I'm going to be zoning out." 

 Shalnark nods, his happy demeanor back again. "Good enough for me. But the fact that you already know that." 

We both dryly laugh.

"It'd better be," I grumble underneath my voice, before piping up again: "If Illumi needs me, I'm going to go with him, cause I promised I'd help him before I started to help you."

Shalnark purses his lips before looking down at my face. "Okay." 

He retakes my hand and drags me over to the mafia boss, who's conversing with several ladies. I sneer when I look at him. He's madly drunk and making a complete fool out of himself. The ladies aren't even paying attention to him, instead choosing to mingle with each other. 

Shalnark kicks my shin through my blue dress when we stop in front of the boss. I flick my eyes up at him and he beams, before turning to the boss. 

My eyes widen, and I attempt to throw my hands over his mouth, but I'm too slow. Before I know it, words fall out of Shalnark's mouth. "Hey, there mister!" He exclaims with an extremely fake, peppy voice. 

The man turns, and immediately, his gaze locks onto mine. He smirks, and Shalnark drops my hand. 

My jaw, on the other hand, drops. My gaze whips to Shalnark, and then back at the mafia boss in front of me. 

"You've got to be kidding me," Shalnark suddenly whispers. "This is the wrong boss. Unngh," he groans, slumping against an empty chair. "Well, Y/N, go socialise with this guy, I guess. I need to go find the one we're after."

I nod wordlessly, my gaze still locked with the bosses. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Shalnark walk away, whistling. 

The boy in front of me suddenly reaches up and tweaks my crown, making it crooked. "There," he winks. "You look better like that." 

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

HONESTLY what is
wrong with me? i
completely came up
with another plot,
so this is my third
new plot. fun 😐

anyway, how are
you guys?

word count : 692