𝟗. 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑

⚠️ TW mentions of rape & needles ⚠️

Y/N POV

𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊, 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖 and leaning in closer. Both of our elbows brush against the table, the only thing separating us. The ladies the boy was just showing off too take the chance and leave right away. It is only right, after all. They are much older than him. In fact, I suspect they were only tolerating the boss in front of me because they didn't want to be killed. 

"So what's your name, handsome?" I coo to the brown-haired boy in front of me. His messily attractive hair swishes as he rests his head in a hand, his thumb trailing from my hair, down my nose, and snagging on my bottom lip slowly.

He grins. "Astyrian Channing. A pleasure, truly." He reaches a slender hand out for mine and kisses it. "And what's yours, mademoiselle?" 

"Y/N Lucilfer." My name slips cooly from my tongue, and it makes Astyrian grin even more. His hand leaves my cheek, and goes to brush my hair behind my ear. 

His mouth opens, when suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder. My eyes don't leave Astyrian's face, but the boy in front of me adopts a scowl. 

"Who's this man behind you?"

I turn, Astyrian's hand falling from my face, and see Illumi's emotionless face staring at me. 

A small smile twitches at his lips, indicating at how he deems my position funny. I growl lightly at him. 

"Hello, daughter," Illumi finally says. "I will be needing your help with some things, so please finish up with your boyfriend and meet me over here." He turns abruptly on his heel before I can object.

Sighing, I turn back to Astyrian, who's still smiling softly at me. "I'm sorry," I pat his hand, which rests on the table. "Meet me outside in twenty minutes, though, okay?"

Astyrian smirks. "Bet." He taps the table twice with the palm of his hand, then starts walking away. I hurry after Illumi. 

"Seriously?" I groan when I catch up to him. "I was having fun!"

"That's nice."

I purse my lips at his lack of response. "So, what do you need me for?" 

"Father wishes for me to capture this target without my Nen, to see if I can do it with my powers stripped. Unfortunately, he wouldn't even pay attention to me, and that was quite annoying. So I'm bringing you over to stop me from killing him right there and then."

"Isn't the entire mission for you to kill him?"

"For me to bring him in to Father," Illumi corrects. "Now let's go."

I nod and follow him. We walk in a comfortable silence, music and other people's conversations bubbling around my ear, when we fall to a stop. 

"That's him." Illumi points to a grey-haired man in a suit dancing with someone at least twenty years younger than him. I blanch. 

"You've got to be kidding. He's going to want to dance with me, and then hook up with me, and that's a case, babe." 

"You don't have to do any of that. Just lure him out." 

I sigh, slumping and hitting my forehead against his arm, before straightening. "I'll meet you outside the third door, alright?" 

Illumi silently nods and takes off. I straighten my back and my chin, making myself look taller and older than I really am. I walk over to the man and almost instantly, I grab his attention. He lets go of the woman, who quickly hurries away, and starts strutting over to me. I smirk and lean against one of the tables. 

When he arrives, I'm hit by the stench of beer. I scowl inside, but keep a friendly and sultry demeanor on the outside. 

"Hey there," I coo, reaching out my hand and dragging it tantalisingly slow from his chest to his flabs, before stopping and withdrawing. 

A bulge in his pants immediately springs up. My eyes widen. I touch his chest . . . and he's turned on? Disgusting. 

I look back up at the male in front of me, whose face is twitching. I grin at him, walking to his ear. "Let's go somewhere else, hmm?" I whisper huskily. 

He nods as quick as he can and starts following me to the third exit. I start to walk faster, and he falls behind. I stop and look over my shoulder. "Don't keep me waiting, darling." 

The target almost jumps with excitement and he rushes after me. 

The door of the third exit swishes open as the target holds it for me. I nod graciously at him and walk through. The target follows and just as the door closes, Illumi steps out from the shadows. 

There's a syringe in his hand. The target gulps. "'Scuse me, but me and this lady gotta go. Get outta da way, will ya?"

Illumi nods, and steps out of the way. My eyes widen and slowly I walk past him. Just as the drunk target does the same, Illumi's hand whips out and presses the needle into his neck. He collapses, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I slap Illumi's bicep, but he doesn't budge. "I thought you were going to let him rape me."

"You could've just killed him then," Illumi says nonchalantly. 

"True," I agree, before waltzing back into the ballroom. "I gotta go, I have a hottie waiting for me." 

Illumi nods emotionlessly. "I guess we'll part here then. See you later." 

I nod as well before closing the door behind me. 

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

ah i can't wait for next chapter!
i'm finishing it up. two main
characters are going to be introduced
in chapter ten, so if you don't
know which ones they are, go
check out 'introductions.' is this
 a way to get more reads? yes.
am i embarrassed? no.

also, sorry, i thought i already
published this chapter!

ps : i lied. sorry. i meant chapter
eleven 💀; i also edited, cause i
completely forgot that you're chrollo's
daughter haha

word count : 1077