Chapter 14: Will of Tycoon

Narumi's POV

I tossed and turned on the bench I was laying on. I've had a bad feeling for the past few hours. I assumed it had to do with my senses going haywire. I was jumping my focus around like a bunny, hopping from one mental link to another, trying to figure out what was going on, but some connections were too far away for me to see anything. That's what worried me the most.

"That train is late, the one they're supposed to be on," Atsushi noted, looking down the train tracks. Right now, Atsushi, Dazai, and I were waiting at a train station out in the country, waiting for a train that Naomi-sama and Haruno-sama were on to get away from two Guild members.

"Mori-san from the Port Mafia is the human manifestation of streamlining," Dazai said, his hands behind his head, relaxing. "He controls the situation with cold, mathematical detachment. You can count on him to take advantage of the fact we're letting our guard down."

"I don't like this," I sighed, kicking my foot, which was hanging in the air. "I don't like waiting or being this far away from the city. I can't sense anything."

"I'm sure you'll get your senses back soon, Narumi," Atsushi smiled at me. I looked up at him and nodded.

"Atsushi-kun, Narumi-chan," Dazai suddenly said, standing up. "I have an unavoidable item on my agenda." I tilted my head in confusion.

"What is it?" Atsushi asked, leaning forward, slightly worried.

"I'm going to the bathroom," he said, making a weird face. Atsushi and I both sweated as he ran towards the bathroom weirdly. "I'm not going to make it!" he yelled. I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"He's so weird!" I smiled, holding my sides. I then gasped and sat up when I sensed something.

"Narumi?" Atsushi asked, surprised by my sudden movement. "What's wrong?" I stayed silent, closing my eyes. I focused on my senses. I opened my eyes and I grunted.

"I sensed someone I know," I said. I stood up and looked in the direction Dazai just left.

"Who was it?" Atsushi asked me.

"Wait here, I'll be right back," I said, walking towards the direction Dazai just left. Atsushi grabbed my arm and stopped me though.

"Wait, where are you going?" he asked me. "I don't want you to walk into a dangerous situation alone."

"I won't be alone," I reassured him. "Besides, she won't hurt me." Atsushi looked hesitant, but he nodded.

"All right, I trust you," he told me. He kissed my forehead before he let go of my arm. "Let me know if you need any help."

"I will as long as you will," I smiled. He nodded. I then turned into my tiger form and ran in the direction Dazai just left. I crouched low as I walked through the grass, sneaking as I made my way towards an abandoned storage building. I heard voices inside, all of them I recognized.

"Don't you think this gun tells you what we want?" I heard Higuchi ask.

"I don't," Dazai responded calmly. I suppressed the urge to growl, not wanting to give myself away. I stalked closer, wanting to see the situation.

<Narumi, just wait.> Dazai's voice rung in my head. <Stay hidden and keep listening.>

<Okay, just tell me when.> I told him, staying low in the grass as I watched the situation. I saw Gin was holding a knife to Dazai's throat, which didn't have me worried. At least, not as much as Higuchi's gun did, which was pointed at Dazai's chest.

"For a group of assassins, you've recruited some lousy members," Dazai noted. "Gin-chan, would you please put this away? It's dangerous." Gin silently put her knife away and took a step back from Dazai. Higuchi ticked and put her gun away too.