#3

It's not easy trying to rid the habit of comparing yourself to others.

Thinking that they're superior to you whilst being in the same department.

But the truth is, everyone goes at their own pace. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, peaks and valleys.

And yes, there will be people who may surpass you.

There will be people who would be better than you.

We have no control over them, but we do have control over ourselves.

Life shouldn't be a competition. Some people think it is, but it isn't.

It should be slow-paced and steady. Not hurried or compelled by force.

The words of Zen Shin, "A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it, it just blooms."

I'm not saying you should snap out of that habit right then and there because I too know what it's like to be constantly measuring yourself up to others, belittling yourself because the efforts you place aren't enough. I know the feeling all too well. And I still do.

But take the time right now and push away those thoughts, drop whatever you are doimg right now, clear your head and try to turn your mindset on its axis a bit.

Think back on what you've successed in the past, even if it's small. It's still an accomplishment.

Remember those tiny, fluttery feelings feeding into your triumph and bask in it. Feel it swell like the core of the earth residing in you.

What you are, what you have, and what you are capable of doing is limitless.

Give yourself a hug and mutter a small apology for beating yourself for simply trying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving things a shot and not having them turn out great at first.

It is just like walking. You take your first baby steps forward. You may have to grab onto other things or people for support but it is only a matter of time when it becomes like second-nature and you would walk with confidence and even run.

All it takes is a teaspoon of time, a pinch of patience, and sliver of self-love.

Self-love and respect is one of the most difficult things to attain nowadays, but don't let that hate cloud your judgement for it will only lead to self-destruction.

I'm not asking you to make waves out there, but start making ripples in here. In you. Because you are your biggest supporter and as long as you believe you can, then you will.

(Dedicated to AspiringChrono )