Chapter 24: Cameron Barrett

Millie and Killian stepped off the Hogwarts Express together, him filled with joy, her with sorrow. They saw their mother standing some ways away from the train and they quickly made their way over to her, finally leaving the year behind.

Before she reached her mother, Millie felt a strong hand on her shoulder making her turn abruptly.

"Have a good summer," Fred smiled sympathetically at her, rubbing her shoulder.

"Thanks, Freddie," she smiled back softly. "You too."

He walked away from her leaving her to go meet her mother who was already in a conversation with Killian.

"What do you mean dad's in the hospital?" Killian asked, pain in his voice.

"What?" Millie started concerned, panic and uncertainty flooding her body.

"Let's go back to the house and I'll explain everything." She said, grabbing Killian's arm and apparating out, expecting Millie to follow suit.

What a way to start the vacation, Millie thought, nerves flowing through her body.

-

Fred watched as Millie apparated away. This was his chance. He scanned the platform looking for the tall brown-haired boy he'd been waiting to pummel since the moment he found out he cheated on Millie. He was enraged that Millie had told him not to hurt Cedric, but he did what she asked in their last days of Hogwarts, mostly in hope of avoiding any last minute detentions.

But Fred couldn't get detentions now and Millie was officially on holiday. Nothing was stopping him from beating Cedric's face into the pavement. He finally spotted him and started to make his way towards the lying bastard until there was a delicate, warm hand running down his arm.

"What's wrong, Fred?" Victoria asked. "You seem upset,"

"Nothing, I just-" he couldn't take his enraged eyes off Cedric and Victoria followed his gaze quickly.

"She asked you not to," she calmly stated. "She's not your responsibility anymore. I'm sure she'll be much happier if you just let him be. He probably already feels bad enough about the whole thing. Let's just go find your family, I want to meet your mum,"

He looked down and met his girlfriend's calming eyes. He'd roughly explained what Millie had told him to her, leaving out all the time they'd spent together and the platonic cuddling. No one else knew, but Victoria was the one person Fred knew wouldn't have even a desire to tell someone else.

He leaned down to kiss her on the forehead, making her smile as he gave up on attacking Cedric (for now) and grabbed her hand, walking towards his family.

"Hey mum," he said, hugging his mother as him and Victoria arrived at her feet.

"Hi, Freddie," she smiled, kissing his cheek. She turned to Victoria and grabbed her hands with a wide smile. "And you must be Victoria,"

"Yes, it's so nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Weasley," she smiled back.

"You too," she squeezed her hands and went back to checking up on the rest of the family.

Weird, Fred thought, It was very different when she met Millie back in second year.

-

"Mum, this is-" Fred started.

"The famous Millie Barrett," she smiled wide, pulling her into a huge hug. "It's so amazing to meet you, dear. George and Fred have told me so much about you,"

"It's great to meet you, too, Mrs. Weasley," she blushed red at the praise.

"Oh, please, dear. It's Molly," she insisted, rubbing Millie's shoulders. "You're freezing! Let's get you home and bundled up, yes? Boys, follow along!"