Chapter 2

Ahsoka gripped Rex's hand tightly as they walked down the landing ramp. A small hut stood in front of them, it was made with sandstone and in the classic style that most homes on Tatooine were made like.

Tatooine. The sandy dustball her former master hated so much. She remembers asking him about it and how he had answered by telling her he didn't want to talk about it. Ahsoka remembers how the anger rolled off her usually goofy master in strong waves. The Togruta woman feels tears begin to sting at her eyes and immediately scolds herself for thinking about Anakin.

"Ahsoka?"

She looks up at the man standing beside her, "Hmm?"

"Are you ready?'

Looking at the house that is now only a couple of meters away she takes a deep breath and releases Rex's hand. "I am." She says, trying to sound like her younger, her more confident self. And so, with that, she lifts her hand to knock on the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Papa?"

Ben Kenobi looked down and his heart warmed at the sight of the little strawberry blonde girl looking up at him. "Yes, Astoria?"

"Can you tell me a stowy?"

"Of course little one" He lifted her onto his lap when she stretched out her arms to him. "Which one would you like to hear?"

"The one about your cweshe!"

Ben chuckled, "It's creche darling"

Astoria bounced on his knee "Just tell me the stowy Papa!"

"Okay," As he told the story Ben ignored the way his throat began to tighten when he told his daughter about his childhood friends. They would've loved to meet her...

"Papa?"

"Hmmm?"

"Continue the stowy!" 

"Of course" When Ben finished telling the story he realized Astoria had fallen asleep in his lap. He smiled to himself and gently picked her up to put her to bed. Before he left the room Astoria turned over to face him, "I wuv you thwee thousand" she whispered.

He had to smile "I love you too Astoria, sweet dreams."

After he had put Astoria to bed he stepped back into the living room to find Satine sitting at the dining table. Stepping over behind her he watched Satine write over her shoulder. "She said she loves me three thousand, definitely more than you do."

Satine jumps and the stylus goes flying out of her hand, "How many times have I told you not to scare me like that!?"

Smirking Ben shrugs "I don't know..."

She rolls her eyes at him and smacks his arm "Insufferable man" 

He stuck his tongue out at her while he uses the force to bring her stylus back to her, "For you your grace" 

"Don't." She says as she plucks the stylus out of the air.

Don't what?"

"Don't call me that." Satine could feel the tingling sensation of tears starting.

Ben's voice is soft and serious when he speaks "Hey hey, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking about it"

"It's fine," Satine says quietly, "I think I'm going to go to bed now... You should get some sleep too Ben."

"I will, I'm just going to meditate for a while first." 

Satine nods and walks away, once she is gone Ben lowers himself into a meditative position and closes his eyes.

Author's Note: Hello again! This chapter turned out to be a lot shorter than I wanted it to be but I think I'm okay with how it turned out. So in case, you're wondering, Satine lived and had a daughter with Obi-Wan, They now all live on Tatooine together. Anyway, thanks for reading, see you again in the next chapter!

-Mira