Chapter 3

Ahsoka frowned at the door, a large part of her didn't expect anyone to answer it. She glanced up at Rex who seemed to be lost in thought, Ahsoka was about to ask him what was wrong when the door in front of her began to open. She stared at the person who opened the door, she could recognize that face anywhere. "Master Obi-Wan?" She fought to keep the quaver out of her voice as she spoke.

Her grandmaster stared at her, "Ahsoka?"

And with that Ahsoka broke down, she flung herself at him and buried her face in his chest "Master!"

Ben was in total shock until Ahsoka threw herself at him, he hugged her back for a moment. Before drawing her out of his arms to stand in front of him, he just looked at her for a moment, the little Togruta girl that he remembered was all grown up. She was almost as tall as him now and her lekku were longer, Ben's eyes got caught on two slender and slightly curved cylinders attached to her belt. He thought about asking her about them but decided to save that for later, Ahsoka broke the silence. "I'm so glad you're alive Master Obi-Wan!"

The Jedi master stiffened, "Obi-Wan Kenobi is dead." he said a little too harshly.

"Obi-Wan?"

"It's Ben."

"Kenobi?"

"...Kenobi."

"Ben..." Ahsoka tested out the name on her tongue, it didn't really sound right.

He smiled at her as warmly as he could manage the corners of his eyes crinkling a little. Before he looked up at Rex who was awkwardly lingering back, looking slightly wary of Ben. "Captain Rex."

Rex swallowed hard "General Kenobi, sir."

Ben did not correct Rex's use of his old title and said nothing in response, instead glancing at Ahsoka who gave him a tiny nod.

"General if I may ask-"

"You may."

"How come you didn't attack me?" Rex asks nervously.

"Ahsoka trusts you so so I do." Came Ben's simple response.

Rex nods, feeling a little bit more at ease.

"However I do hope Ahsoka has not misplaced her trust in you, has she?"

"No sir," Rex responds quickly and Ben takes a deep breath.

"I trust your word Captain and I hope I am not misplacing my trust in you either."

The clone nods stiffly again, "You are not."

Ben doesn't say anything else and instead glances up towards the night sky, "We should go inside, it's not safe to be outside during these times..." He turns to go inside and held the door for Ahsoka and Rex.

Ahsoka took Rex's hand as they follow Ben into his home.

Once they and inside Ahsoka scans the room, it's simply furnished in the same style his quarters in the Jedi temple once were. Were. One of the words that dregs up so much pain these days. She feels her mind began to start down memory lane again but is brought back to the present when she feels Rex squeeze her hand gently, a habit they developed to ground each other.

Rex leads her to the couch and she almost collapses on it, he then silently hands her one of the cups of water Ben forced on them. Rex's gentle care makes her warm inside and she drinks the water gratefully. "Thank you."

She directs her thanks to Ben and he bows his head slightly before looking from Ahsoka to Rex, "I'll be back in a moment." he then turns and disappears down a hallway.

A/N: Hello again, thank you for coming with me on this journey! I really appreciate all the comments and feedback I got on the last chapter. It really motivated me to write this chapter which took a lot longer than I wanted it to. Again I would like my Chapters to become longer in the future and the original plan was to add Satine in this chapter. I think I'm of holding out the part where Ahsoka and Rex meet Satine, but I'm still not sure how I'm going to introduce her. If you have any recommendations please let me know!

-Mira