missing you pt. 1 ♡

For context; y/n goes to California to visit family.. she currently lives in North Carolina and is leaving to visit. If you live in a separate state, you can just say yours or can pretend you have family in Ca. I just write these based off of my thoughts and ideas, feel free to imagine them differently when reading them! :) also, this one is LONGG (in three separate parts) Sorry bout it! :)

Y/N POV

"okay, I'm gonna leave nowww" I say, trying to pull away from the hug, with my best friend, Karl.

"Nooooooooo just don't even go? Why do you need to leave?" He asks, pouting and making a face

"Karl. Come on. You know I'm visiting family" I say

"For TWO MONTHS??" He asks, empathizing on the two months

"Karl I haven't seen them in like 8 months! I've been in North Carolina the entire time, dealing with YOU" I joke, making us both laugh

"Seriously I have to get on my flight soon, thank you for dropping me off, I'm going to miss you, I'll be back in no time, you're the best, but I got to go" I say, getting everything out so he get the point that I have to leave soon

"Will I still be able to FaceTime or call you? I'm gonna be so bored. Who am I gonna stream with?" He asks making another sad face

"Yes, I already told you. It'll be fine Karl I have to gooooo" I say

"Okay, fine" he says, leaning in and giving me another hug

"Don't miss me too much" I say, leaning up and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He smiles and I do too, as I turn around and start walking "byeee, love you" I say, turning around again

"Love you too" he says, rolling his eyes, and watching me walk

I walk to the waiting area, only minutes after, hearing the speakers say my flight is boarding.

I get up and get in line, scanning my ticket and officially entering the plane, settling down in my seat and getting comfortable, and noticing my surroundings.

I check my phone, seeing a text from Karl saying "a real best friend wouldn't leave their best friend alone for two months"

I smile and reply "a real best friend would just come with me to California"

"You know I can't do that" he texted

"Okay! Then I'll see you in two months! love u bestie☺️❤️" and I close my texts, laughing at our messages

I open Twitter, seeing Karl had already tweeted out, saying "when your best friend thinks it's cool to leave you for months😫"

I reply to the tweet, saying "I HAD TO VISIT FAMILY☹️☹️"

I look at his account, and realized he tweeted before that as well, saying "missing you already :(" and he attached the selfies we took in the car on the way to the airport, us smiling together.

I smile and like the picture, retweeting it and then opening my own tweet message.

"guys I'm going to California to visit family stop letting Karl manipulate you into thinking I hate him" and hit send, the replies immediately being teasing and such.

The flight starts, and I lose any and all wifi/data signal, putting my phone on airplane mode and pulling out my laptop, so I can continue editing.

The flight is about 5 hours, and majority of the flight I just relax and get some stuff done, noticing a few people on the flight with me, some being annoying, one being a cute dude, who I will NOT make a move on, considering I don't actually have any interest, just find him attractive.