Chapter 27

~~~~~

Lol I drew the dad if anyone wants to see

TW: abuse, harassment? (i don't wanna say r!pe bc it's not uh)

~~~~~

"This is why I told you to wait a little longer!" I shout with half laughter-half fear, clutching onto the handle above my seat. My dad swerved the car, just dodging another one, and honked at them.

"It was their own fault, dumbass doesn't know how to drive!"

I tighten my seat belt again and relaxed, watching the car drive out in front of us and into another lane, one that I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to go in. Yeah, maybe he was right.

"Well if you get us killed, I'm gonna be upset."

~~~~~

I could tell he was still tipsy, but I assumed he was handling it well. Before we left the restaurant he decided to take the bottle with us, since he never finished it. I was tempted to hide it from him, and when he confronted me I could just say that he was imagining things, and he never took it with us.

Once we pulled into the driveway, I got out of my seat, my dad reaching behind him for the bottle and stumbling out of his side. I made sure he was stable and got him through the front door, hands placed on his back. He almost tripped over his shoes, making me chuckle.

After getting us both situated in the house, he plopped down on the couch, slamming the bottle down. He leaned forward, setting his head in between his arms and staring at the floor. I slipped off my shoes and made my way to the kitchen, looking around for something for him to drink.

Water was probably the best choice, so I grabbed a bottle for him and walked over to the couch, tapping his head with it. He peeked up at me, his eyes heavy and tired. This man really doesn't handle his alcohol well...

He smiled at me and took the water from my hands, quickly twisting open the cap and chugging it, not stopping for a break until he finished it off, throwing the bottle down onto the coffee table. After wiping his mouth he laid to the side, facing the back of the couch. I grabbed the bottle and threw it into the trash, and skipped up to my room, letting him rest.

Despite having a drunk out of his senses father sleeping downstairs, I couldn't wipe the grin from my face. Today was...actually really nice. I had recently thought it wouldn't be possible with my dad, but I now realize he wasn't as bad as he seemed. First impressions were important, sure, but I think maybe I just misjudged him. I might never forget what he did, but I could forgive him.

Besides, he was my dad. I had to give him a chance. I've never had that father figure before, so to just decide on how I feel about him before even spending two weeks with him seemed stupid of me. I've never had a dad in my life, and now that he's here, I feel some kind of happiness I hadn't previously felt.

I flopped down onto my bed and stared up at the wall above me. I hadn't turned on the light but things were so clear. I held out my hands in front of me. I took off the bandages around my wrists, examining the scratches. It looked like they were almost invisible now, only a few scratches here and there, but I'm sure they would go away soon. I could tell my hand was still bad, but I didn't mind too much. I was just being clumsy, so it was my fault.

I turned to the side, examining my room like I do almost all the time. I studied the picture frames setting all across my dresser, each one of Kei and me when we were children. There were a few of us at events, or whenever Akiteru felt the need to take pictures of us sleeping. Kei always said he didn't want them, so I took them and immediately put them somewhere I could admire them every day. I could fall asleep to them, or if I had a bad day whenever I came home it would be the first thing I saw.

~~~~~

"Tadashi...can you come here real quick?"

I groaned, the sudden outburst waking me up from a nap I had seemingly fallen into without realizing. After rubbing my eyes and finally processing what my dad said, I non-gracefully left the room. I tried figuring out where he called from, recalling that he was downstairs last, but as I peeked in the living room, he wasn't there on the couch anymore. So, I went back up the steps and to his room, pushing open the door slowly.

My dad was sitting on his bed, facing towards the window across from me. He had his bottle of alcohol sitting on the bedstand along with a glass, but they were both empty. I prayed that he had finished them hours ago, so he might not be drunk anymore right now. He turned to face me, a big smile plastered from ear to ear. He patted the bed next to him, staring back out the window.

I walked around the bed and over to the spot, placing myself next to him. He stayed silent for a while, just the both of us staring at the branches of trees flowing in the wind outside of the window. I could see the clouds from earlier had finally rolled in, creating a dark-blue view across the entire sky.

"Thanks for hanging out with me today kiddo. It means a lot."

I turned to him, slightly shocked at what he was saying. He didn't look drunk, so it must have been genuine. I couldn't help the smile etching its way into my features, scratching the back of my neck.

"Ah...it was nothing. It was nice to finally hand out with my dad," I chuckled, the both of us turning to each other and making eye contact. My dad pursed his lips together, it almost looked like he was trying not to cry.

"You're such a good kid!"

He threw himself at me, embracing me and the both of us falling back on the bed. I laughed and patted his back. His body was bigger than mine, so it was hard to wrap my arms around him. I turned my head to the side so I could get out his long hair that was falling into my face. He was getting heavy at that point, but I also didn't wanna ruin the moment. For a while there, I thought he had fallen asleep on me...

That was...until I felt a hand making its way up my shirt. I winced, trying to push my body away from him.

"Dad...stop that."

He suddenly shot up, putting his hands to my wrists to hold me down.

"Don't struggle, okay?"

My heart sunk, eyes widening at the sight of my dad above me. I squeezed my hands into a fist so hard my knuckles turned white, trying to pull myself away from him. His happy expression quickly changed to one of frustration, pulling himself off me, but not letting me go of my wrists. Instead, he pulled me with him, dragging me over to the closet. I was helpless, still so in shock, I couldn't control what my body was doing.

"W-wait! Wait! Stop it!" I shouted, but he continued, increasing his grip on my already pained wrists, and opening the closet door. He twisted my arm around, shoving me into the dark room. I landed on my knees, whipping my head back around to look at him. The dark of the room covered his entire front half in a menacing shadow as he crouched in front of me, placing a hand on my head.

"Don't worry," he laughed, smiling happily back at me again, "I'm doing this because I love you!"

I relaxed from confusion, trying to comprehend what he had just told me.

"You...you what?"

"I love you."

~~~~~

soulja boy tellem
hopped up of tha bed
turn ma swag on

~~~~~