Traveling Up River

"Jack!" Will said as Jack continued to try to coax Maggie out of her cabin. "Elizabeth is in danger!"

"Have you considered keeping a more watchful eye in her, maybe just lock her up somewhere?" Jack suggested, walking to the helm.

"She is locked up in a prison bound to hang for helping you!" Will said, trying to make Jack feel guilty

But Will clearly forgot Jack was unable to feel guilt... mostly.

"There comes a time when one must take responsibility for ones mistake" Jack told him, continuing to ignore him.

Will pulled a sword from a nearby pirate's belt and pointed it at Jack's neck.

"I need that compass of yours Jack!" He said, fed up with Jack's mind games. "I must trade it for her freedom."

"Mr. Gibbs!" Jack called to his first mate.

"Cap'n?" Gibbs replied.

"We have a need to travel up river..." Jack whispered to him.

Gibbs appeared reluctant to the idea. "By need, do you mean a trifling need, fleeting as in, say... a passing fancy?"

"No" Jack said "A resolute and unyielding need."

"What we need is to make sail for Port Royal with all haste!" Will demanded.

"William, I will trade to you the compass, if you help will me find... this!" Jack showed him the drawing of the key.

"You want me to find this?" Will asked him.

"No, you want you to find this" Jack told him "because the finding in this finds you incapacitorially finding and/or locating and your discovering of detecting of a way to save your darling belle, ol'... what's-her-face, Savvy?"

"This is going to save Elizabeth?" Will asked, trying to simplify whatever Jack just said. Captain Jack was a man of many, many, MANY words!

Jack leaned in as if the air itself was listening. "How much do you know about Davy Jones?" He whispered to Will.

"Not much?" Will said, confused.

"Yeah... it's going to save Elizabeth..." Jack said.

"Why are we whispering?" came a third voice from between them.

They both jumped when they noticed Maggie in between them.

"Bloody heck, Maggie!" Jack said as he jumped "What have I told you about sneaking around the ship and scaring people out if their skins?"

Maggie pondered this for a second. "I forget?" She shrugged "I wasn't really listening, their was this pretty seagull in the sky and-"

"Not to! I said not to go sneaking around the ship and scaring people!" Jack reminded her.

"Well, maybe you're just losing your hearing?" Maggie said "you know, that's a sign of old age?"

Jack's jaw dropped. "Did you just call me old?" He asked her.

"No" Maggie shook her head "I simply stated that you're starting to show one of the main signs of your age!"

"Well...I wanted a boy!" Jack smirked, knowing he had her beat at the insult game.

Maggie returned the smirk. "So did Grandpa Teague!" She said.

Jack glared at her as she giggled.

"You're going in the time-out corner!" He said.

"I'm too old for the time-out corner!" Maggie whined as her grin fell.