1961 love

y/n pov

it's 1961 and i'm getting ready to go out with my girlfriend.

it is illegal but we go to this place for people like us. interracial couples and lgbtq people.

i'm putting on a red dress with black heels. i fix my hair in tight curls.

i put on pearl earrings and do light makeup with red lipstick. i then put on my jacket.

i look great.

i walk out of my room to see my dad and mom .

"where are you doing dressed up like that?"she asks smiling

see my mom and dad both know about billie,they tell me to be extra careful.

"with billie,we are going dancing"i say

"be careful" my dad warns before hugging me

"i will dad" i say

i then hug my mom and leave out the house. i look around before running in the woods.

i walk and walk until i meet the familiar building.

i see billie hiding behind a bush and run to her. i hug her.

"hey baby,i missed you"she says wrapping her arms around me

"i missed you too" i say before reaching up to kiss her

she smiles and grabs my hand as we begin running towards the entrance of the building.

we walk in hand in hand and i immediately take my jacket off putting it on a chair.

she sits down across from me smiling at me. "you're so beautiful" she say

i smile and say "so are you"

we look over at the group of people slow dancing with their partners. "i'll go grab us milkshakes" she kiss me before standing up

the door to the building opens and my jaw drops when i see my TEACHER walk in. might i add,the teacher that's married to a husband with three kids.

billie's comes back with our milkshakes. "vanilla for me and chocolate for you" she smiles

"thank you" i smile

"i love you so much y/n" she say

"i love you more. i wouldn't know what to do without you" i say

we drink our milkshakes and soon another song comes on. it's a popular song that everyone knows.

"let's dance" she holds out her hand to me

i happily grab her hand and we head to the dance floor with the other couples.

i put my arms around her neck and she places hers on my waist. we begin to slow dance. she whispers sweet things in my ear such as "i love you" "you're the best thing ever in my life".

i'm so in love with her. i just want to marry her and live in a house with her. unfortunately that will not be a reality for us.

she leans into my lips and kisses me sweetly.

i smile into the kiss and once the song was over i pull away and everyone begins clapping.

billie and i went to sit down. i finsih drinking the rest of my milkshake

"i really love you and it sucks that no one can know,i just wanna show you off freely"she pouts

"me too,but at least our parents support us"

"yes. even though my mom reminds me every time i go to hang with you how much risk i'm putting you at." she say

"i'll be fine,as long as the wrong person doesn't find out" i say

"i have to go home at a certain time. the priest from our church is coming by and my dad said i need to be back by then" she tells me

"what time?" i ask

"six"

she looks at the clock that's on the wall and her eyes go wide. the time on the clocks says 6:30.

"oh shit,i'm in so much trouble"she says

she grabs my hand we runs out of the building.

she pulls me in and kisses me saying a quick "i love you,i'll see you soon my love" and running out into the woods.

well it is getting dark and i don't like walking in the woods in the dark. i begin to make my way back home.

i get home and immediately take off my makeup and dress.

i get in bed thinking about the great evening i just had with billie.