04 | talk about your feelings

"don't break me again

"don't break me again. i am delicate"

"So, what is this grand plan of yours? Also why are we leaving the house at midnight?"

Shoto pestered her with question after question as she pulled on her jacket. No matter how many times he pestered her, even her facial expression refused to give away an answer. Sliding on her shoes, she twirled the keys on her finger before pushing him out the door.

As they walked through the neighborhood, the wind blew and the stars sparkled. The cherry blossoms looked beautiful at night as they swayed. His eyes scanned the area, piecing together where they were headed.

They walked at an even pace, in rhythm almost, side by side. So when she came to a sudden stop, he kept walking before coming to one himself. Grabbing his arm, she pulled him to the nearest stall, pulling out her wallet; she bought them both takoyaki.

"I know you prefer soba, but just eat." Handing him the stick, he gratefully accepted. The chatter of people, the chill of the air, the smell of newly bloomed spring flowers; everything was beautiful, like he was somewhere new.

"Have you done this before?" He turned to face her, but she had an equally awe stricken face.

"The night market? Nah, it's not really safe for girls to be out at night alone," she whispered as different stalls caught her attention. "But it is a place I've always wanted to visit."

He nodded, understandingly, before noticing her slight shiver. He found a stall that sold hoodies, and pulled at her arm, bringing her towards it.

"Let me buy you a sweater." 

A wide grin made its way to her face as she grabbed two matching sweaters.

"You're buying one for yourself too," she giggled. 

Though he did not see which ones she  grabbed, he shrugged and handed the stall owner the money. After making a respectable distance, she shoved the hoodie into his chest. He unbundled it and held it into the air before reading it.

"I'm with dumb?"

He looked over to her and noticed it had a similar design.

"I'm with dumber..."

She smiled brightly at him before pulling it over her head. He sighed, in hesitance, before sticking his arms in as well.

"Now to the park!"

[ time skip ]

"AHH STOP IT!"

"Why?"

"YOU'RE PUSHING ME TO HIGH?!"

"But this isn't even that high?"

"JUST STOP?? THE?? FUCKIN?? SWING??"

[ time skip ]

"You just slide down the slide."

"Just slide?"

"Yes, Sho, just slide."

"wheeee."

"You sound dead inside."

[ time skip ]

"You don't know how to use a see-saw?"

"I only got to use it by myself before."

"How about your siblings? Didn't you do this with them?"

"..."

[ time skip ]

"I'm doing it."

"Your feet are on the ground."

"But my hands are on the bars."

"It's called monkey bars because you have to hang off of them... like a monkey."

"Well I can't help my height, can I?"

*Y/n has logged out of chat*

[ time skip ]

As they laid on the ground, looking up at the stars, Y/n shifted her position; so she was on her side, looking at Shoto. His eyes glanced to the side, to see her staring at him. Shifting himself so he was on his side as well, they were now face to face.

"Sho, I've been your friend for years. Why don't you trust me?"

His eyebrows scrunched up, "I do trust you."

"Then why is it that whenever something happens, you lock yourself up. You've never once tried relying on me you know?"

"I don't wish to involve you in family matters."

His persona turned ice cold once again.

"That's the problem; family this, family that. Haven't we been friends long enough for you to consider me family?"

He turned his head in the other direction, but she grabbed his chin and made him face her again.

"No more running Sho, I wanna know exactly whats been going on," she whispered, dejected.

He gave in, refusing to hurt someone dear to him. He told her everything, from his father's abuse to Touya's death to his twisted aspirations.

Finishing, he took a shaky breath, his eyes pooled with tears as he clenched his shirt. Y/n's eyes widened as she quickly embraced him in a hug, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he muttered, burying his face in the crook of her neck.

"Don't apologize, just tell me these things next time okay? I'm your best friend."

His sniffles soon came to a pause as he retreated from her arms, "crying makes you really ugly"

"Me?? Ugly?? Take it back, take it back now!"

Little did she know he thought she looked radiant, whether or not she was adorned with tears.

754 words

Sorry it's kinda shorter than usual, just prepping for the next chapter.
Good luck loyal readers...