𝟏𝟑. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓...𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍

KILLUA POV

KILLUA POV

𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐌𝐘 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄. The voice sounds exactly like Gon. Has he already found us seats? I'd only been gone for like . . . one minute? I'd gone looking for Lorelei, since I hadn't seen her since she'd stalked off from the bar, drunk as hell, looking for someone in a  . . . no. She said she was looking for a slut? Wonder who'd that be. But in the end, I just got another Chocolate Robot. I really didn't want to look for Lorelei. She may be my 'girlfriend,' but that doesn't exactly mean I want her. And then she'd started getting possessive. Extremely possessive. It bothered me to hell and back. I'd talk to someone, and then Lorelei would just kick her away, punching and screaming. But still. I didn't want to tell her that I'd only gotten with her as a distraction. I know that's bad, but I needed some way to forget about her. Y/N . . .

And then somehow, the universe planted her right in front of me, but achingly out of reach. If only I could let go of Lorelei. But getting out of an engagement is a hard thing to do, especially when there are thousands of strings I could get myself trapped in. 

I follow the velvet steps, my ears straining for Gon's voice. I spot his spiky hair and bee-line towards it. 

"So Killua was right . . ." Gon utters. 

"Did someone say my name?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. 

Gon whips around and smiles brightly at me. "Hey, Killua! Guess who I found!" 

He points behind him and my heart stops. I freeze, my hands stuck in my pockets. My eyes widen. 

Y/N. Y/N's sitting there next to a boy. A boy. Next to a boy. With two children. Were they her children? Oh my God. 

I start to breathe in really harshly.

"Oh." The word slips fast from Y/N's lips. "You." She sniffs in distaste and turns back to Gon. "Anyway, do I know you?" She hugs the raven-haired child closer to her body. 

"Oh." This time it's Gon's turn to say that word. He turns back to me. "Killua." His voice takes on a dangerous edge. "Why doesn't Y/N remember me?"

I laugh, slightly scared at his voice. "Umm . . ."

"He didn't tell you?" Y/N asks. "I lost my memory three years ago. Wow, I'm honestly just surprised that he didn't tell you. After all, the both of you are best friends, right?" She snorts and opens her mouth again, when the brunette boy slaps a hand over her mouth. 

"Stop being petty, m'lady." 

Y/N huffs, and I remain frozen in the middle of the aisleway as I watch them. I don't miss how her eyes widen at the nickname. They look so close . . . I wonder how long they've known each other. 

The boy takes his hand off her mouth, and Y/N pouts. "Let me have fun, Ash. You wouldn't even let me finish my lollipop."

So. His name's Ash? That seems pretty short. Maybe it's a nickname?