How does a moment last forever ~ Mark x reader

A/N: I have no clue why but this picture reminds me of the Céline Dion song from Beauty and the beast so here you go 😂 it's a short one but I hope you enjoy!

Paring: Mark x (Y/N)
Mark finds himself getting stressed from the busy life he now lives in L.A. and needs a break. He travels back home to stay with his mom in Cincinnati Ohio, and upon coming home for a while he finds his high school sweetheart is still right where they left each other back home.

Song inspiration~ How does a moment last forever - Céline Dion 💙

Warnings: Fluff, heartbreak, slight depression, comfort

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
Marks Pov: It had been three years since I was able to come home, I've been so busy in everything that my life is now that I guess I had forgotten how cold Ohio can get in late January.

Flying into the Cincinnati airport was honestly one of the most relaxing flights I've been on in a while, I didn't worry about my phone blowing up or my responsibilities I just sat back and took a nice well needed nap. It was about 5:34 in the morning and thankfully not too many people knew who I was, not that they are a bother it's just today I didn't want to let them down with this depressing state I'm in currently. Only two people recognized me, one was my flight attendant who I happily took a picture with even though I look like garbage when I travel and a young kid no older than 7 at the baggage claim with his mom. He had one of my old Markipliers hero's shirts on and I happily took a picture with him no questions asked.

My brother Jason picked me up from the airport and not long after that we were pulling into the driveway of my childhood home. "Mom's been busy cooking all of your favorites, she wanted to make you feel at home again." Jason said as we sat in the car for a moment, I chuckled "She's gonna make me gain weight, I swear every time I visit I leave ten pounds heavier." I joked.

We didn't waist anymore time, grabbing my suitcase from the back we then went inside to be met with the delicious aroma of all my favorite Korean foods mom knew I loved. I was then met by the happy faces of Maggie, Bubble, Lussy and Bell. Who I happily fell into the floor and cuddled with for a moment, laughing happily I was already feeling better.

Getting up from the ground I hugged my mom who came rushing over to me with her arms wide open "There he is! I've missed you so much!" She said happily as we embraced. "I missed you too mom.." I said happily. As I slowly pulled away from the hug I looked into the kitchen area to see a face I hadn't seen in a good ten years. I almost didn't recognize her, god she was gorgeous... "(Y/N)?" I said almost in a whisper before my mom looked at me with an even bigger smile "Oh! I forgot to tell you, remember the house next door? Well your old high school girlfriend bought it a few weeks ago and she comes over almost everyday just talking and helping me cook and clean. It's been like old times having her around.." she said happily.

I was almost lost for words. I had very few regrets in my life but letting (Y/N) go was the biggest one I had ever made, we were both very young when we met and dated all the way through middle school and high school. Hell if we would've stayed together we probably would've been married by now... I was so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed her gracefully walking over towards me like the Angel she is, smiling as sweetly as I remember before speaking "Hey there stranger..it's been a long time." She said as she tucked a strand of her (Favorite color) hair behind her ear. I smiled awestruck and nodded "Way too long." I said before she walked closer and wrapped me in the sweetest and most comforting hug I could ever feel from someone other than my mom.

Something in that moment broke inside of me, I don't know what it was but I just didn't want to let go. (Y/N) had been my life line, my rock since the day we became best friends, she was there when my dad died and there when I needed someone just to sit with so I didn't feel so alone. Here in this space I felt so overwhelmed with peace I couldn't help the tears that fell onto her shoulder as I bear hugged her for dear life without hurting her of course, and she never asked if I was okay she just knew I wasn't. Rubbing my back softly and running her fingers through my hair she whispered softly "It's okay Mark, you're safe now. You're home.."

She was right. I was home. And I didn't ever want to leave again.