12

Lucy POV:
Did he like me? Is that why he fought off McLaggen? No.. no he couldn't... he would have done it for any girl. No way he could have feelings for me. We just hadn't navigated our friendship at an age we both had hormones yet... yes that was it. That's why I had butterflies at his smile... perfect explanation...

~time skip~
I gasped for air as my head broke the surface in the lake. "I've got you." said Cedric. Oh yeah... mcgonagall had told us we were needed as treasures for the Triwizard champions to rescue, Krum was rescuing Hermione and Cedric me. Dumbledore that little gossip probably noted their yule ball dates for this event. Once we got ashore Madam Pomfrey led me to a tent and Cedric wrapped a blanket around me. "Lucy... I don't know if this is the time but seeing you down there mad we think about how time is short... would you like to go on a date with me this weekend." I hesitated, every bone in my body said to say yes but my heart said no, and I couldn't say yes to Cedric if my heart wasn't fully in it and break him later. "I... I'm sorry Cedric but I just don't know that I feel that way and I owe it to you to be honest with you." He looked away and pain crossed his face... "Oh..." he said. I hated hurting him like this. Strangely a month ago I would have said yes yes a thousand times yes but for some reason my feelings for him had faded. "I'm so sorry.. Friends?" I asked. A smile crept on his face, "Thanks for being honest with me, not going to lie it stings but Iw as worried for a second there that we would never talk to each other again... so yes... Friends."
Just then Harry exploded out of the water and Hermione and I ran up to him and Ron. As we were walking back to the common room to warm up Hermione whispered to me,"Why did you say no to Cedric? I thought you had a crush on him?" I thought about it,"Yeah did... I'm not sure why but I just don't feel that way anymore." Little did I know it was because my heart was looking elsewhere....

~time skip~
Easter holiday was fast approaching. Harry told us the last event was a maze that would take place the second to last day of term. I zoned out a bit as him, Ron, and Hermione were discussing a possible game plan as I saw Draco across the hall and I waved and he waved back. "I'm still not used to you two being all buddy buddy" Ron murmured. Hermione nudged him. "At least he's laid off me a bit since you guys became friends," Harry said. "Are you going to go home again for Easter Holidays?" Hermione asked. "Mother and father insisted I come home as they have 'news' for me". I replied. "Do you think someone died?? Ron asked as we settled into seats at the great hall. I giggled, "No they are probably just being melodramatic as usual." But oh no they were not...