31

Lucy POV:
Hermione and Harry just went off with Umbridge after Harry got in trouble for trying to contact Sirius, he was worried he was in danger at the ministry. Luna, Neville, Ron, Ginny and I were slipping away to find them when McGonnagall stopped us down the hallway, "I need Ms. Collins to come with me now. Her parents are here and would like to speak with her." I gave the others a nervous look and they all nodded at me when Ron said, "Go, just try and find us after." And I took off with Umbridge. Sitting in McGongalls office were my parents, "Mum? Dad? What are you doing here?"I asked. My mother spoke up, "You didn't respond to my letters about you staying home this summer." I rolled my eyes, "Because you and Dad always go off for work so I prefer to be with my friends." Her breath hitched, "Well you need to be home this summer... there is something we needed to tell you but if we can't count on you being there then-" My dad cut her off, getting to the point, "Lucy you are to be home this summer because you have an arranged engagement. We need to make plans for the timing of the wedding and such." I gulped. What. The. Fuck. "How is that even legal??!! You can't just make me marry someone!!" I blurted out. I heard professor Mcgonagall sigh behind me, "Unfortunately there are very outdated laws in the ministry that allow for it. If proper measures are taken to make a marriage contract, the wizards or, in this case witches who are in the contract could experience severe consequences if they don't obey. I'm sorry Lucy." I was so confused, "I but— I ... I'm gonna be 17 this year! I'll be of age you can't decide this for me!" My mother put her hand over mine but I jerked it away, "Sweetie, as long as the guardians of each child sign the contract before they turn 17 then it's perfectly legal." I was boiling with anger, "What the hell??! That's not perfectly legal its corrupt!!!" I screamed. Professor McGonnagal was trying to comfort me again, bless her soul, "It is corrupt, its a law that Professor Dumbledore been trying to overturn for years." Ugh, just another reason I need Dumbledore back, to get me out of this. "But why?! Why is this necessary?" I asked my parents in desperation. My father answered, "We feel you are falling into the wrong crowd. We want you to be able to carry on the family line with a suitable man. And we thought you planned to do that on your own with Draco Malfoy, but we are done waiting for you to make the right choices. You are our daughter and we have decided this for you." I scoffed, "Oh so you mean you require that I marry a wealthy pureblood." I wonder who it could be... Gosh?! I didn't even ask who it was!!! why was that not the first question on my mind. I poised myself to ask the question, readying myself for the answer, "So who is it I am to be marrying?" My parents exchanged a look. My mother said, "Draco Malfoy. We've worked it out with Lucius and Narcissa. We all think it will be for the best." No. No. I was supposed to never talk to him again. I ran out of the office and slammed the door. I was on a mission. A manhunt.