𝟏𝟒. 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 > 𝐁𝐔𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

RECAP

𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒, and I feel the arms around my waist tighten. "What'd I miss?" He laughs, and my face morphs into disgust. Not at him being here, but the fact that the laugh is so fake.

PRESENT

𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌. My smile, although it's fake, at least it looks real enough for everyone around me. "Sit down, Killua." I nudge my head in the direction of his seat. He does so silently, the smile on his face never reaching his eyes.

"But really," he utters. "What's happening?"

I bite my thumbnail, before telling him what had happened during the time he'd been gone. 

STORY

I can't feel anything. I'm numb with laughter as I remember how Lorelei had come up to me, requesting to fight, and then utterly failing. 

"Stupid," Astryian wheezes. "Stupid blonde bitch."

At those three words, me and him start laughing harder. It's still silent, but that doesn't change the fact that we can't breathe. 

Thankfully, everyone around us is mingling loudly together, so our desperate pleas for oxygen are ignored. When we finally do get air and get our breathing under control, we look back at Gon, grinning. 

He looks at us quizzically. "Are you guys sure you're good now?"

We nod our heads, pursing our lips to stop from laughing at his funny expression. 

"So what was that all about?"

Astyrian bursts out laughing again, but I reign in my own laughter. Quickly, I tell Gon what had happened. Then it's his turn to start laughing with Astyrian. 

I'm just sitting there on the floor, trying to keep my laughter in.

When they regain complete control over their laughter, we all sit down in the velvet seats. Colette comes over to me, and I hug her. I turn back to the green-haired boy. "So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to try to pierce together our friendship?"

Gon nods and looks up at me with wide brown eyes. 

"So," I start. "We probably met at the Hunter Exam, since me, you, and Killua are Hunters. And we probably were close, since Killua and you act like I was really close. Somehow after that, though, I lost my memory. Killua left me for three years, and he never told you, I'm assuming. But we were close, so what did he tell you, to excuse my absence? And why did you believe him?"