Pain and healing

"Is everything ok Y/N?"

The boy who was currently shedding tears turned towards the door to see it open as Chaeyeon was looking at him in worry.

"I-I'm fine don't worry about me." You said while wiping your tears and faking a smile.

"Still trying to lie..."

She then walked into your room and sat beside you while looking at what your hands were holding.

"Wait a minute isn't that..."

"Hey Chaeyeon I'm really fine now u don't have to-"

"Was he your friend?"Chaeyeon interrupted as she pointed at the picture.

"W-what?"

"He's Kim Sungwoon isn't he? The boy in the picture that you're holding now."

As much as you wanted to hold your emotions to not let anyone else except your members know about his past u couldn't do it as your tears started flowing down again.

"It.... it was my fault that he..... he died. I should have stayed with him till the very end~" You said as you silently cried.

You then felt an embrace from Chaeyeon as she patted your head.

"It's alright Y/N. Let it all out."

"I-I'm such a coward. I shouldn't have just ran away from my responsibility as a friend~"

The mother of IZ*ONE slowly raised your head while wiping his tears as she looked at you in disapproval.

"Don't bring yourself down like that Y/N. I'm sure no matter what happened between the two of u, he wouldn't want u to still think about it. And if u want anyone to talk to I'm here alright?" Chaeyeon said.

Time skip

"I guess he's been hurting all these time.." She said.

After crying your eyes out, You had fallen asleep however as she was still concerned about you so Chaeyeon decided to stay with you for a bit longer.

"Silly boy, u should have just told us about this when we first met then u wouldn't have to bear all of this in your heart anymore." She whispered.

....
....

"I guess he's asleep now."

Thinking that the boy had finally fallen asleep, she was about to walk out of his room until she felt a touch on her hand as she turned around.

"Stay with me tonight.......please. I-I don't wanna be alone."  You said as you held her hands tighter.

However Chaeyeon had taken it as another way as she started blushing at the boy's request.

"B-but-"

"Please.... I-I need someone to be with me right now." You said while almost crying again.

"Alright i'll stay." She said before finally staying with the boy.

As you had finally fallen asleep with her by your side, Chaeyeon was also starting to get tired bit by bit however she couldn't risk sleeping beside a fellow idol not to mention her current manager.

"It should be fine if I leave him now..." Chaeyeon mumbled as she stared at u.

Though younger, the amount of trauma u went through was more than what she had experienced.

"I wonder if I should tell the rest about this...."

The next day

"Hmm.... what time is it?"