No more pain - An Undertale Short

This is written in Sans' POV.. Enjoy?

How could I have been so blind? I knew I was wrong to accept the ladies promise. I didn't even know her after all. Just a voice through a door in the woods and I trusted her enough to protect the next child to fall down. I couldn't believe it.

Dust was scattered across Snowdin from monsters who had been slaughtered by the human. What did we ever do but welcome you into our world? Maybe it was for protection. Maybe the fear of the royal guard sent them into an untrusting state where the only way to be safe was to kill. Everything. As I walk past the Librarby I see a small group of crying Snowdrakes scooping up a pile of dust and snow into their arms and cradling it. I looked in through the window of Grillby's to see everyone with a sad look on their faces. The underground had lost all its cheer at the hands of humans once more.

But then I remembered something. Papyrus. He was waiting for the human at the edge of Snowdin right as we speak! He was going to battle the human. He is too weak. I shortcut to the door of our house and run to where Papyrus was stood, ready to fight. Hope glimmered in my eyes as I dashed to the snowy footprints of my beloved brother. I soon slowed down though, for what I saw filled me with such rage and hatrid I could barely breathe.

A large pile of dust, with Papyrus' scarf sat neatly on top...

He was dead.

I collapsed to the ground for a moment, beating the earth with my clenched fist and screaming to the sky. A crowd had gathered, teary eyed at my disturbance but I knew what I needed to do. I picked up Papy's scarf, put it on and ran to a hidden area so I could shortcut to Undynes house. I arrived and stumbled to the door, still shaking from my newly found dead brother. I banged on the door and Undyne opened it, saw me and beamed. "Hey Sans! How are you? Come inside!" She said, making a path for me to enter. She quickly saw my distraught look and pulled me inside. "What happened to you?" She asked, shocked as she had never seen me in such a state and I explained what happened. After I recited today's events, I slowly took off the scarf and handed it to her. She looked at it mournfully for a moment and then stood up.

"Let's get ourselves a fresh human soul." She said, no emotions in her voice as she grabbed her spear. "Let's." I said with a similar tone and we stormed over to the entrance of the Hotland. We didn't wait for very long before the human was in sight. They crept cautiously over and used the savepoint. This was our chance to get revenge. The human looked up and Undyne took a deep breath. "Human. You think it's okay to take someone's life. Innocent monsters brought to their knees just because they wanted to say hello? Pathetic. I suppose you won't mind if we take yours then!" She shouted, pouring her anger out.

The battle began and together me and Undyne's attacks lowered the humans health immensely. They had used up all their healing items and were on 20 hp. The human looked scared, and pleaded for us to set them free but we didn't listen. For some reason though, the human never attacked us once, they just kept trying to persuade us to spare them. The humans health continued to drop. 15 HP. 9 HP. 5 HP. 1 HP.

"Any last words human?" Undyne cackled, eyes piercing the human as she stared. The human said nothing and just tried to spare us again. "May I?" I said evily, eye glowing bright blue. "Be my guest." Undyne replied, bowing slightly and gesturing to the human. Their eyes fell to the ground and they frowned. I was too focused on avenging my brother to notice. I raised my hand and summoned a Gaster Blaster. I grinned and aimed it at the human. With murderous intent, I fired it at them. The humans soul shattered and the battle was won.

Me and Undyne were about to celebrate when we heard footsteps rushing towards us. Within a second there was a wooshing sound and Undyne was on the floor. I stared in horror as I saw who was there. Crouched on Undyne's back, pulling a knife out of Undyne's neck, was Chara. Her corrupted soul had taken over her body and her eyes and mouth were oozing with darkness and evil. Her pupils glowed bright red as she stood up and kicked Undyne, who was now uncontious and loosing health rapidly, out of her way. "We meet again old skeleton?" She said smirking. "It was only a matter of time." She continued.

I then knew I was wrong. It was Chara who killed Papyrus. How could I have been so blind? I knew I was wrong to jump to conclusions.