𝟏𝟓. 𝐑𝐇𝐘𝐌𝐄𝐒

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, me and Shalnark part ways from the Channings and Gon and Killua. It had stopped raining long ago, so none of us have to make a desperate sprint to our cars. Speaking of cars, Shalnark and my ride lies at the bottom of the red carpet. Kalluto and Illumi are in the limousine waiting for us. All of our purchases are piled in the trunk, the exception being Tori Yamada's, my mother's, diary. That's in a special briefcase inside the main body of the long, black car.

"Don't forget to meet me at the cafe tomorrow," Astyrian winks at me. I wiggle my fingers back and watch his distancing figure as he gets into a taxi with his younger sisters. 

Shalnark also makes his way down to the limousine. I wait at the top with Killua and Gon. It would've been awkward if I didn't say goodbye to them personally, since I am, and I quote, 'sO cLoSe tO tHeM.'

I turn back to the snowball and green bean. Killua locks eyes with me and opens his mouth, but no words tumble out. I raise an eyebrow and smirk. Am I leaving that effect on him?

I break eye contact, and the words get extracted from Killua. "Do you want to maybe hang out tomorrow?"

"Yeah!" Gon agrees with enthusiasm. "We can catch up. Kinda. Ish. Y'know what I mean?" He beams up at the two of us, and my heart softens. 

"Sure. I'll text you when to meet at the park, mhm? Or you guys can text me," I nod at them, before giving Gon my phone. "Add your number. Killua, add yours after."

They obey me, and Killua hands me back my phone after some time. I start to head down the stairs, when the boy who'd just been in possession of my phone stops me. "I'm going to bring my sister," he states, matter-of-factly. 

I raise an eyebrow. "Umm . . . okay? I don't see what that has to do with this conversation. I mean, if no one's looking after her and she's young, or she's just bored, she can come with us. But speaking of people, don't bring Lorelei there. Yeah? Yeah. Okay, well, bye now!" I huff out, not letting the two boys speak, before rushing into the limousine.

Shalnark huffs once I get inside as the car starts moving. "What took you so long?"

I huff right back, the same amount of attitude inside. "I was making plans."

"Wow, Y/N. Didn't take you to be a player. You're going to go on a date with the brunette boss, and then going to go on another date with the white-haired guy? Wait. Wait! Are you into poly relationships?" 

My cheeks go red with embarrassment. I look away, grumbling to myself. "Eww, no. I'm not into poly. Also - it's just a catch-up with Killua and Gon." I grab the briefcase with the diary I had bought at the auction, setting it carefully in my lap. 

Speaking of things I bought at the auction, I also bought the keys to a Sprite factory. Always gotta get that Sprite, am I right?

"You just rhymed," Shalnark utters. 

I turn back to him, raising an eyebrow. "Huh?"

"You just rhymed," he repeats. "'Always gotta get that Sprite, am I right?'"

"That doesn't rhyme!"

"Yes it does, dumbass!" 

Embarrassingly, that argument lasts until we get back to the hotel. When we get out, we rush inside and up into the elevator. 

I beat Shalnark inside. Childishly, I stick out my tongue, blowing a raspberry his way, before pressing our floor number and all the numbers above it.

Shalnark snorts, while Kalluto rolls his eyes, and Illumi just stands there. 

At our hotel door, Shalnark dramatically swipes the card against the pad. He fails. I snicker, before doing it elegantly and opening it. 

"HAHAHHAHA!" I snigger, bragging about how I did it first try. 

Inside, I see Shizuku asleep on the bed. Feitan's probably still at that abandoned warehouse, forcefully and slowly breaking that other guy - Astyrian's dad is it? We place our things down quietly and slip to our own rooms. 

I change and get ready for bed, before flopping onto the cold sheets. I take a deep breath, then open up my mother's diary to read it for the first time ever. 

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

not me trying to be dramatic ; then
again, idk how else to word it

word count : 813