Chapter 11

The next morning, Mirae woke up on the couch in her room having fallen asleep there during her movie night with the dreamies. When she looked around, she realized they were all gone. Grabbing her phone and checking the time, she realized that it was almost 10am.

Quickly, she got ready, throwing on some of her new clothes and putting on some makeup before walking out of her room. To her surprise, the house was silent. She couldn't hear any of the boys and didn't see any of them in the main room either.

She searched for anyone, walking through the hallways and peeking into offices. She finally reached the Ten and Taeil's office and saw the Thai boy sitting with a headset on.

"Ten!"

"Oh, hey Mirae." He replied quickly, glancing over his shoulder before turning back to stare at the screen.

"Where is everyone?" She took the chair next to him, looking at what seemed like a map with a bunch of colored dots moving around it.

"They're on a- Jaehyun take the next left- mission."

"Oh... all of them?"

"Almost all of them. Doyoung and Taeil left this morning to go handle a business negotiation overseas, but the rest of them are all out."

"Are those dots each of the members?"

"Yup. I'm talking to them through their earpieces. The colored dots are our members, the grey dots are things picked up by heat censors and surveillance."

"Wow that's cool."

"Yeah it's- Wait don't go there. No not you Taeyong, keep going. Haechan, take your next right and AH Shotaro quickly clear that next room with Sungchan." Ten spoke quickly, trying to direct all 20 boys at once.

"I usually have Taeil here to help me guide half of them, but I'm all alone today so it's kind of chaotic."

"Well, I'm no tech person but I can try to help if you want."

"Thanks, Mirae but it's alright. You don't need to worry about-"

He cuts off as someone speaks to him through their ear-piece. Mirae leans closer to listen.

"Is that Mirae with you?"

"Yeah Taeyong, she offered to help but I-"

"Let her help. We'll be fine on our own for a few minutes. Explain it to her and then let her guide 127 and U."

"Alright."

She watched as Ten muted his side, turning on the monitor next to her and typing something in. Soon a map appeared the mimicked the one on his screen, 7 colorful dots blinking on it.

"Ok, so NCT has 4 units: 7 members in WayV, 7 members in Dream, 4 members in U, and 5 in 127. WayV is the international unit, Dream are the younger ones. 127 are the most experienced, and U are the specialized assassins."

She nodded her head, making sure to listen carefully as Ten sped through the details.

"You're going to be communicating with U and 127. Since Doyoung and Taeil aren't here, there's only 7 of them. Jaehyun leads U and Taeyong leads 127. You can see each of their initials next to their colored dot. Now put this in your ear."

He handed her an earpiece, which she quickly put in, securing the small mic near her mouth.

"For this, 127 and U are clearing the first and second floors together. Lead them to the grey dots, they'll disappear once they're taken care of."

"Wait... taken care of as in...?"

"Yeah... I know it's tough but if you don't do it, someone on our side will get hurt. Make sure you watch so that they don't get attacked from behind either. Tap me if you need anything, and talk to Taeyong if something goes wrong. Good luck."