Chapter 24

"Knock knock, can I come in?"

Mirae looked up from her schoolwork as Mark stood in the doorway to her room.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Let's not train today. You're doing well with Taeyong and I want to wait until your ankle heals."

"Oh alright, cool."

He crossed the room, pulling up a chair next to her and peeking over her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"Homework." She sighed, putting her pen down and turning to look at him. "I still go to school, unfortunately."

"Do you have a lot more to do?"

"No not really, why?"

"Oh Uh..." Mark trailed off awkwardly. "I just don't want to bother you."

"You're not. I like your company." She smiled at him, before turning back to writing something in her notebook.

He watched her work, her small hand flying across the page in her delicate handwriting. The blank paper slowly filling up with ink as she worked, a focused pout on her face.

After watching her work for another 15 minutes, he stretched his arms and reached forward, grabbing the pen out of her hand.

"What are you doing?" She laughed out as Mark placed the pen on her desk.

"I'm bored and you need a break."

"You don't need to stay here, you know. Homework isn't fun."

"But you said you liked my company, so here I am."

She looked at him as the smile grew on her face, giving in and leaning back in her chair.

"Okay then, whats up?"

"I don't know, why don't we do something. We would've been in training by now, so let's hang out instead. Just relax a bit."

"Relax? I doubted that you even knew how to do that."

"Hey I do... normal stuff... too!"

"Yeah, apparently your a part-time gamer, hmm?"

He scoffed as he walked over to her couch and took a seat, a cocky smirk on his face.

"Still mad about today?"

"Maybe only a little bit." She grumbled as she took a seat next to him. "So what do you want to do?"

"Anything. Just talk, maybe? I feel like I still don't know you that well."

"I'd agree with that. Go ahead and ask me anything, I'm an open book."

"How do you like school? I stopped going before I entered high school, let alone university. What's it like? What's your favorite class?"

"University is great, especially since the guys are with me. It's a lot of work, but the material is very interesting. Biology is my favorite class for sure, I guess you could call me a bit of a nerd." She laughed out.

"So you just sit in class all day and learn new things?" She nodded in response. "Hmm... still sounds more interesting that what I do."

"And what do you do during the day exactly?"

"Oh well I- um... it's hard to explain without being there."

"Well, hopefully one day you can show me. I graduate next year and I'd like a glimpse into my future, assuming I take on whatever it is you guys do during the day."