Chapter Two

22 January 2020

Hey, guys! Chapter 2 of 'Loving Her Enemy' is here! Enjoy!

"Love and hate are two of the strongest emotions we feel in relationships." – Ava Max

Liyana's POV

Before I open my eyes, I feel a weight on my arms behind me. I try to move them, but I can't. I try to move my hands, but they seem to be locked in place. Fear runs down my spine, and goosebumps form on my skin. My eyes fly open, and I take in my surroundings. I look around, but I can't recognise where I am. This isn't my bedroom. I look down. This is definitely not my bed. Where am I?!

Panicking, I try to sit up but I can't. My arms have been tied behind me, to the headboard of the bed. I kick off the large, white duvet which is covering my torso, and I scream out in pain when I feel the rope digging into my wrists at the movement.

Where am I?

Why am I tied to a bed? I'm not at home. I don't recognise this bedroom. It's much larger than my bedroom at home, and from what I can see, it's better furnished, too. The lights are off, though. The only light in the room is coming in from the tiny gap between the black curtains on the far wall. It seems to be near to sunrise.

Oh, my god. Where am I? Dad's going to kill me. He's probably thinking that I've run away. Like hell I'd do that. I wouldn't run away, because then he'd kill Shehryaar Bhai and Mum, thinking that they helped me. If it wasn't for them, I'd have run away many years ago.

I start panicking, trying to free my arms. But I'm too weak. Whoever tied me to the bed, tied my wrists very tightly to the headboard. I squirm, pull, push, trying to escape. I'm sweating profusely, with fear and with determination. I need to get out of here. I need to go home, right now.

I don't even know where I am. The last thing I remember is.. that man. That handsome, mysterious stranger who I bumped into in the park. And then I saw black. I don't know what happened after that.

What happened to me? Where am I?

About half an hour later, I manage to loosen the rope slightly. I breathe a sigh of relief, working hard at trying to untangle the rope. My wrists are burning, aching with sharp pain. They're bleeding. I'm covered in sweat from head to toe.

I groan out in pain as I manage to free my right hand. I quickly work with the rope and free myself, jumping up from the bed. I look around the room, and then at myself in the full-length mirror opposite me. I'm dressed in the clothes I wore last night. My grey dress and tights. My coat is nowhere to be seen. My shoes are right beside me, and I slip my feet into them.

My hair, somehow, is still in loose waves and it falls down my back, looking thick and healthy. It's a little messy, but I don't care. My cheeks look flushed, my skin sweaty from trying so hard to free myself. I wipe away the sweat from my forehead, and I look around the large room.

My heart starts pounding in my chest as I run to the door. I try to open it, but it's locked. I start banging loudly on the door, calling out for help. 'Someone help me!' I scream at the top of my lungs, my throat hurting, constricting with pain.

There's no response.

'Help me!' I yell again, pushing my palms against the wall.

I bang on the door for what feels like hours, until finally, I hear footsteps.

I start trembling with fear when I hear the sound of a key, unlocking the door. Then, the door opens and in front of me stands a middle-aged, dark-haired man. It's not the man from last night. I've never seen this man before, his face is cold and emotionless.